If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Emotion in Entertainment

2»

Comments

• You can change. You can.

You also have things like the "everyone vomiting over everything" scene

Gross-out humor.

the "Bird is the Word" song which are are basically overly long instances of people almost intentionally (definitely intentionally, in a meta sense) in order to annoy people's sense of sensibility.

That's a form of anti-humor. Basically, it involves the joke going on for so long it goes from being funny to being unfunny to being funny again. A classic example is the opening scene of Spaceballs.

As for me, I actually enjoy a lot of cringe comedy but it really depends on what kind of cringe comedy. Like I've mentioned before, I love the hell out of Peep Show, but there are some moments where the character's decisions seemed to be made based on what's funny/most embarassing for them rather than on "Is this what the character would do?". 

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

For me the problem isn't even that, and it's also not wanting to shout "Don't do that", it's just... I don't like seeing embarrassment. To me, that isn't funny, that only makes me feel embarrassed myself, and that is a bad feeling I most certainly don't want to have!

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

The secret of Family Guy's (commercial) success comes from the amount of not-jokes they do. Nothing they do ever commits long enough to be a genuine joke, but they have a rapid-fire A.D.D. format that you'll be sure to notice something familiar or vaguely amusing. It's also why Roland Emmerich has a bajillion characters in his movies. Surely there will be one you like.

Of course Robot Chicken actually does this far better. So does Yahtzee come to think of it. 

Understandable, really, and I kinda concur, too. It's kinda why I think cringe comedy has to involve really really really unlikeable people. Like Basil Fawlty levels of unlikeable, really.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> first-name Basil

oh crap you have me thinking of Basil Marceaux Dot Com again

who

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Apologies for the insult to Tennesseeans at the front.