If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Anihaters

edited 2011-04-07 14:27:36 in IJBM meta
☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
This just in: June 19th, 2003

Hating anime fans and wapanese is cool now.

Log onto your web server and flame the shit out of the anime fans TODAY.

So. Anihaters, or whatever the fuck they are called now. What do you think?

Comments

• edited 2011-04-07 14:27:50
    Hating anime fans is not necessarily the same thing as hating anime.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    They are both the same thing.
  • People who troll anime fans just for the fun of it are total douche bags. 
  • I don't get why hating anime/anime fans is "in" these days. There's definitely nothing wrong with disliking anime, but making sweeping statements about how anime all sucks (as if it's even a single genre) and going out of your way to let everyone know how you are absolutely, 100% not an anime fan of any kind and how you would never be caught dead watching an anime? Strikes me as trying way too hard to be edgy and nonconformist. Like the nerd version of Compensating for Something.

I'm of the opinion that the majority of anime is pretty uninteresting, but this has more to do with Sturgeon's law than anime itself being bad.
  • edited 2011-04-07 15:23:28
    I've seen a similar backlash towards JRPGs. Maybe it's just that people think "JRPG" is a funny way of spelling "Final Fantasy", or maybe people online are just getting sick of all things Japanese.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Well, the novelty value of oh-so-Japanese stuff wore off, and now the novelty value is with hating oh-so-Japanese stuff.
  • edited 2011-04-07 18:25:58

My personal dislike of anime fans mostly stems from the usual Fan Dumb symptoms, which are mostly shared with video game fans (or "gamers", as they call themselves). As for my opinion on anime's Hate Dumb? I'll let Naruto The Abridged Series sum it up.

"Because anime sucks lol lmao roflcopter. Cartoons are for noobs. You've got to like stop watching anime and start watching real stuff, like sports, and American Idol. That stuff is..."

"SHUT THE HELL UP YOU FUZZBAG!"

• edited 2011-04-07 21:49:41
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Hahahaha American Idol and sports

Yeah, well why don't you fuckers grow up and watch poll numbers, fundraising totals, and election results.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Politics? Pathetic. You guys should grow the fuck up and look into the stock market.
    That too.  That's also fun.

Bonus points if you actually are controlling your parents' retirement savings plans and switching between mutual funds and buying and selling stocks.
    Actually, that's a great second analogy when I needed it.  Thanks!

People should stop following celebrity gossip and start following political gossip.

And they should stop following sports stats and start following stock/bond market stats.
  • Poot dispenser here
    Real men watch Formula 1 and Twitter about Pizza Joints.

I think.
    > pizza joints

Ooh, marijuana as a topping.  I would be amused it someone did this.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Not marijuana. LSD actually works surprisingly well, though.

/KIDDINGKIDDINGKIDDING
  • Master Guardian of the Passive Voice
    Not an Anime fan. At all. Just a personal preference. Huge Disney fan. Huge Western animation fan. It's possible that I once wrote a fanfic in which Maleficent and Jafar completely annihilate the members of Organization XIII... 
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Modern western animation sucks. When I such shit like Spongebob, I weep over the death of Looney Toons.

In the 90s, it still looked so good, how could western animation go to hell like that?
  • edited 2011-04-08 16:14:18
    Spongebob? Have you watched original Spongebob? (The new stuff sucks a bit more) There are much worse shows I would've picked.
  • edited 2011-04-08 16:25:11

There's some irony in bashing western animation in a thread about anime haters. That happens to be one of the reasons I dislike anime fans: that stupid conflict.

Especially annoying because no one brought up western animation until now.

• edited 2011-04-08 16:29:34
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    This has nothing to do with me being an anime fan. And I only bash modern western animation. Any implication that I dislike awesome series like Looney Toons or Darkwing Duck or a movie like Lion King (Disney's best work ever, IMO) makes me sad.

It's not that I like bashing it. Hell, I would love to find a modern western cartoon that is really great. But so far, the best I found is average.

But maybe I should take a look at the new MLP cartoon, when I have the opportunity...
    Nyarly, how do you feel about the '00 era Ninja Turtle series? I'm a retro fan, but I think the newer turtles smash the 80s cartoon to the ground.

Abyss, it's my fault for bringing up Western animation. :)
  • Yeah, the 2003 TMNT cartoon, Samurai Jack, Men In Black... the early 2000's had quite a few good cartoons.
  • Batman Beyond, I seriously love that series.
  • edited 2011-04-08 19:27:16
    Plus I've been quite impressed with a lot of stuff airing on The Hub, like Transformers Prime, GI Joe: Renegades, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, as well as Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, which is not on The Hub, but still awesome.

Of course for original work, there's always Sym-Bionic Titan... though not, sadly, for much longer.
    Yeah, Avengers: EMH reminds me of the now-canceled Spectacular Spider-man, which I also enjoyed. :)
    I suddenly want to watch some Dragon Flyz.