If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Google: "Use your full name on Youtube!" "No." "Tell us why!"

2»

Comments

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Wicked has a point. I have blocked pretty much everything on Ghostery and it hasn't really changed my browsing experience.

Also you get a cute little blue ghostie in the corner of your screen. 

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read
    I am now using Ghostery and Adblock Plus at the same time. Can't tell whether this is overkill or paranoia.
  • Poot dispenser here

@DYRE:

Bad for you, maybe, but it's good for them and they don't really care about you beyond the fact that you're using their services, and considering how big they are they can be pretty confident that you're going to keep using their services no matter how much bullshit they force on you.

I didn't want to say it before, but I meant "what if this is used by someone with an agenda to harm LGBT people" or something like that.

• Well, again, yes it is bad, but it doesn't really impact Google too much since any potential harm comes to people other than them and it's unlikely that Google would be blamed for or forced to take responsibility for anything that comes from people having to use their real name in various places online.  So even if they might have thought bad things could come of it, it probably wouldn't affect their actions much.

• My arms are falling off!

I'm using Do Not Track Plus; how does Ghostery compare?

I also use Adblock Edge and HTTPS Everywhere.

• I have yet to use DNT+, but Ghostery works quite well for most of my uses.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I used to use AdBlock, but I couldn't figure out how to allow ads on 4Chan but nowhere else, so I stopped using it.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

You just click on the little logo, then click "don't run on pages from this domain."

• Tools -> Adblock Plus -> Disable on (current domain)

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yeah, didn't work.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    I have blocked pretty much everything on Ghostery and it hasn't really changed my browsing experience.

well, comment section software like Disqus and whatever shit Salon.com is using needs to be unblocked, but yeah, nothing really changes.