If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Mitt Romney would cut PBS funding (subsidies exact wording) if president

124»

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Maybe that's why they have hammy comedic characters all over the place in animé.  They can't do it in real life.

Anyway, I've heard that the standard of living in Japan is crazily costly, at least in the cities.  And the commute from less urban areas is bad, or very expensive itself.  You're saying this doesn't apply to food?

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

-Talking aloud in public is considered more rude there, and you don't get that constant "crowd chatter" sound even in the most bustling public places.

I would get killed in Japan.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I suddenly have a dream that, one day, I will hear stories of the time Milos and Alex lived together in Japan.

• But you never had any to begin with.

The UK's media and popular culture hammers it into all of you guys that you can look down your nose at crazy, stupid, backwards America when the difference is impossible to even notice in day to day living and you have social problems exactly as ridiculous and harmful.

It's kinda hard to ignore the almost daily news stories of things like cops shooting double amputees in the head, politicians suggesting that parents should be allowed to submit their children for the death sentence, people literally dying because they can't pay for medical treatment, people literally defending someone who covered up years of child abuse because "Oh, he was a great football coach!", and mandatory sonograms for abortion.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

You do realize that none of those things are, y'know, normal here, right?

You cannot possibly buy into media overhype that much, right? 

• edited 2012-10-11 16:21:30
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I suddenly have a dream that, one day, I will hear stories of the time Milos and Alex lived together in Japan.

Why the two of us? :P

It would definitely be an interesting experience. Who knows what the future holds?

• Poot dispenser here

It's kinda hard to ignore the almost daily news stories of things like cops shooting double amputees in the head, politicians suggesting that parents should be allowed to submit their children for the death sentence, people literally dying because they can't pay for medical treatment, people literally defending someone who covered up years of child abuse because "Oh, he was a great football coach!", and mandatory sonograms for abortion.

Yeah, but the UK has:

-The racist-as-fuck BNP.

-The phone-hacking scandal that is still being dealt with to this day.

-Pedophilic priests, if I'm not mistaken.

We can go back-and-forth on this all day, but at the end of it all, we're both bad.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Paedophillic priests are everywhere!

• Schools are much worse on that front :|

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^^ And so is Rupert Murdoch's media empire, too.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Now I hope this happens. 

• edited 2012-10-12 14:03:19

Maybe that's why they have hammy comedic characters all over the place in animé.  They can't do it in real life.

That's exactly the case, actually. To us, loud-mouthed, in-your-face characters seem slightly funny because we all know people like that. To Japan, they're exceedingly funny because their behavior is outrageously, unrealistically rude.