If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Missing time-exclusive stuff.

edited 2011-05-25 17:17:32 in General
Tableflipper
Me in 2010:

"Hm, Dissidia Duodecim 012 Final Fantasy seems like it's going to take forever to come out, so I guess i'll kill time for now..."

Me now:

"Oh! It's already May! Lets see if the game is out..."

"..."

"the fuck do you mean cloud's KH1 costume can only be gotten from preordering for a code"

"what is this shit that was the costume I wanted most"

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---"

And we all know humans don't really like to give away stuff to the not-needy, in particular to those they don't even know, so there's like no way someone is going to give me a spare code.

Comments

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Ask /r/ for one. (lol)

But yeah, gamestop is dumb.
  • Replace "Dissidia Duodecim 012 Final Fantasy" with "the new Mortal Kombat" and "Cloud's KH1 costume" with "Scorpion's retro costume", and you have my exist predicament. UGH.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I missed Scorp's retro costume?

They really need to have an option of just buying this shit instead of preordering.
  • edited 2011-05-25 17:26:34
    I already used my code, and yeah, it's pretty aweso - er, terrible. Not worth it at all. Feel good about yourself that you didn't preorder this abomination upon an otherwise excellent game.
  • edited 2011-05-25 17:27:10
    Tableflipper
    Even if /r/ gave me one, as far as I know there's no PM system on 4chan, so it's up for grabs the moment it is posted. Also I don't exactly feel like leaving my email address on 4chan...

• BobBob
    edited 2011-05-25 17:22:29
    ^^^Thank you. They'd probably make way more money if they did that, anyway.
  • I assumed the preordering was so they could sell much faster, but selling it as DLC in the PSN for it a few weeks later or so after the preordering guys get it first would be much better.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Don't most games now release the Pre-order bonuses later as buyable dlc nowadays?
    If not they are missing a lucrative trick.
  • I dunno, heard the PSN was down and don't see info on the internet about being able to do that.
  • edited 2012-08-16 15:15:11
    Tableflipper

(irrelevant now)

• edited 2012-08-16 15:18:51
    Tableflipper

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd i'm in the same situation again.

Sigh.

And this time the issue isn't even "It's sold out" but rather "we are not allowing preorders past a certain quota"

WHY WON'T YOU PEOPLE LET ME USE MY MONEY.

On this product,

http://www.biginjap.com/pvc-figures/4157-touhou-project-hinanai-tenshi-ltd.html

It says that the product is no longer in stock, despite the item itself not being released yet. Does this mean that I had to preorder, and that the quota of preorders is full? Or should it become available on August 31st?

Hello,

Your former idea is correct. We cut off preorders at one point and generally do not stock any extra, especially for exclusive items since those have to be prepaid.

Sincerely,

Big in Japan

• edited 2012-08-16 15:22:43
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

This happened to me when I took a break from Pokèmon and found that I'd missed an event that would have let me get a Zekrom.

And this time the issue isn't even "It's sold out" but rather "we are not allowing preorders past a certain quota"

That makes sense, really. Presumably, they only ordered so many, and they've sold them all.

• Oh, geez. These.

I really hate these things. I do. I was lucky enough for the mall Wi-Fi to let me get Reshiram. God damn router incompatibility.

• ^^ I don't see why they cannot order more should someone be willing to pay up. Perhaps even extra. Seeing how the product isn't even out yet.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Well, in PC games they let you buy pre-order bonuses sometime after the game has come out as DLC.

Problem is that Nintendo is kind of behind the curve in that regard.

• edited 2012-08-16 16:19:45

^^ Otaku stuff is always produced in limited quantities and more are only made if it turns out to be extremely popular.

• It's touhou. It's hard for it not to be. But anyway, this is a proxy service, I doubt they bought the entire stock that the original company intended on. I guess I'll just be figurine-less then (this was the only one I wanted enough to actually buy)
  • No rainbow star

Keldeo at Gamestop

It's the only way to get Keldeo in North America

Canada doesn't have Gamestop

FUCKING HELL THE WIFI EVENTS WERE SUPPOSED TO END THIS!

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Honestly, I'm pissed about that just because it means that I can't get it because I'd have to go to Gamestop to do that.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Icalasari - there will probably be a wifi distribution a few months later.

Clockwork Universe - you could just walk in and not buy anything. But yeah GameStop is shitty. After I pick up the stuff I've already reserved and put money on, never shipping there again.
  • a little muffled

@Icalasari: There is at least one Gamestop in Canada, as there's on in Toronto at Dundas Square. No idea if there are any others.

• No rainbow star

^ None near here that I know of

Definitely none in Airdrie

• edited 2012-08-17 01:36:12
    a little muffled

I know the one in Dundas Square is the only one in Toronto. Could be the only one in Canada, I have no idea. They're rare, clearly.

Are stores owned by Gamestop included in the promotion? Because I'm pretty sure that they own at least one major Canadian retail chain.

• ^ That would most likely be EB Games, if they still have those up there. Down here all of them (sadly) became GameStops. :/

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Otaku stuff is always produced in limited quantities and more are only made if it turns out to be extremely popular.

E7AO PiedPiper branded stuff...

And S.H.Figuarts GokaiPink...

• a little muffled

@Tre: Yes, EB is still EB here. Probably why there's barely any Gamestop-branded stores. There are EBs everywhere in Toronto, and I've seen at least two of them in Montreal so far.

• ...Okay, sometime in my life I must take a real trip to Toronto. I'll be at the airport a few times next month but IT WON'T BE TEH SAME. :P
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I remember there used to be a GameStop and an EB Games in the mall near my hometown, and then the EB Games location was bought out by GameStop (or maybe the whole chain?), and then there were two GameStops in the same mall.

Then the one downstairs closed down and now it's back down to one.  That said, they're still located very close to a GameStop in a nearby plaza that's just down the hill from the mall.

or maybe the whole chain

Yep.