If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

It's hard to find pictures of Natsuki Kuga (alternatively, Natsuki Kruger) that aren't fanservice

edited 2012-07-10 02:24:21 in Media
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

FYI, Natsuki Kuga is a character from Mai-HiME; Natsuki Kruger is Kuga's expy in Mai-Otome.

It's noticeably difficult to find a picture of Natsuki that ISN'T some sort of fanservice, from having her bikesuit half-unzipped, to striking an infamous pose from an episode where she had to hitchhike a ride, to perspective showing far more of her ass than is necessary.

Damnit, people, how hard is it to NOT treat her as a sex symbol?

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Very hard, apparently.

Natsuki embodies several common... archetypes, I guess; a chilly ice princess, the hot biker, and, of course, a lesbian in many eyes.

It's a bit disappointing, because there's a lot more to her character than what fetishistic stuff there is.

• edited 2012-07-10 13:10:44

Oh yeah, that's right, the other reason it's hard to find any serious fanart of Natsuki is that, while half of her art is fanservice ass and cleavage shots and often improbable poses (and this category includes almost all pics of her in that cool bikesuit (or with it half off, rather)), the other half is her paired with some other girl, of which nine tenths involves Shizuru and about one tenth involves Nao.  Then you get a negligible number of other pics such as this: http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=473927

(I'm not counting here the official art pics showing her alongside Mai and Mikoto.)

• edited 2012-07-10 15:29:12
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    >Female character always fanservicey in art, lots of lesbians, improbable poses

Welcome to anime, enjoy your stay .
  • You can change. You can.

Welcome to fanart, enjoy your stay

fixed that for ya

• They're somethin' else.

>Improbable Poses

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqo8kjv7jP1qiealao1_500.jpg" alt="" width="490" height="700" />

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^ I think she needs back surgery.

• edited 2012-07-10 20:30:13
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

the other half is her paired with some other girl, of which nine tenths involves Shizuru and about one tenth involves Nao

> only nine-tenths

• No rainbow star

^^^ I get in weird poses like that all the time. It's comfy

...Although it probably helps that I am not a woman who somehow got bitten by a radioactive toothpick...

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

Is there even any other reason to make fanart of her? Or of Mai-Hime in general?

• ^^ I can't imagine it's very comfy to push your chest forward and squish your boobs together with your upper arms while pretending to be nonchalant.

• edited 2012-07-11 12:11:31

^^ Well, I'm not sure about the other characters (apart from Nao), but Natsuki is actually kinda cool, what with her investigative-reporter/special-ops activities and her slightly-pissed-off-at-the-world attitude.

That said, her investigative-reporter/special-ops activities make her stick out like a sore thumb in the setting.  The show provides a half-ass justification saying that she's a "truant", but...yeah, the prep school setting is, just like it is in-universe, a cover for something--which would be the storytelling purposes of throwing together a bunch of young, attractive characters and making them engage in romantic drama/hijinx/whatnot.

• You can change. You can.

Is there even any other reason to make fanart of her? Or of Mai-Hime in general?

you know, you can like the character design without necessarily sexualizing it