If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Sandra Lee

edited 2012-06-29 16:01:21 in Media

There's really nothing wrong with using prepackaged ingredients or preparing instant meals, but seriously. How did Sandra Lee get her own show on the Food Network when all her cooking basically amounts to adding an extra ingredient or two to something that's already been made in advance?

How to Prepare a Yule Log Cake

Step 1 - Buy a yule log cake.

Step 2 - Ice it.

That doesn't even look like a yule log cake, Aunt Sandy.

Don't even get me started on the "souffle" she made that was, in fact, just a really gross-looking pie/casserole.

Comments

• I'm a damn twisted person

Because there is a decently large demographic of viewers who cook in approximately the same way really. And her show is cheap to shoot so the network just fobs over a few TV diners and lets her talk. 

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Don't look at me, I'm still baffled by the idea of having a network dedicated to food.

• food network is all I watch

shush

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^My aunt is the same way. I don't get it.

• I'm a damn twisted person

It kinda boggles my mind that there are like four different shows about people shouting at other folks to make cakes and cupcakes. Really delicious sweets mind you, but still the basic premise is watch jerks shout at people to make cake. 

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    barely controlled fury is the secret ingredient that makes cake delicious
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

It's not just cakes man, it's everything.

"People yelling at people to do X" sums up most television nowadays.