If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Celebrate the London Olympics with your very own fascist memorabilia!

edited 2012-05-28 15:44:20 in Politics
I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Olympics-England-Olympic-Wenlock/dp/B005O4DSA6/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338236886&sr=8-2-fkmr1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympic-Mascots-Wenlock-Policeman-Figurine/dp/B005HP1UHK/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t/278-1409419-7239719

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympic-Mascots-Wenlock-Policeman-Soft/dp/B005HIA6QI/ref=dp_cp_ob_k_h_b_cs_title_0

It should be noted that yes, these people are so stupid as to consider equating their mascots with all-seeing Orwellian security forces is a benevolent, wonderful idea that couldn't possibly backfire.

It should also be noted that this Olympics is the one where an aircraft carrier is being deployed in the Thames for "security reasons."

Comments

• >Turns out the carrier is there to spice up the water polo

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Eh, it's not as bad ad that "safe beneaththe watchful eyes" poster.
  • Can't possibly be satirical; the British are notoriously known for not understanding sarcasm.

• Champion of the Whales

Actually, HMS Ocean is a helicopter carrier

Your comment would have worked better if you had said "It should also be noted that this Olympics is the one where a SAM battery is being considered to be deployed in civilian areas for "security reasons.""

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Don't forget how IOC officials get their own traffic lanes. For "security reasons."

• Champion of the Whales

Or the USA wanting to move a tourist attraction for "security reasons".

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Or demolishing low-income neighborhoods full of poor people and minorities to build an Olympic Village that will later be converted into a set of houses in the millions for "security reasons."

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Hey, any Olympics that gets an aircraft carrier is like instantly 75% cooler.

• Champion of the Whales

What about Olympics that only get a helicopter carrier?

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I'm willing to say it's 50%. Had the Brits not have dumped their battleships, the number could be well above a hundred.

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Did anyone else initially see the thing in the OP as a bear? White snout, black nose, police helmet over the eyes...

• Champion of the Whales

I'm willing to say it's 50%. Had the Brits not have dumped their battleships, the number could be well above a hundred.

We didn't dump our battleships, the Germans and the Japanese sank them during the war :(

• I don't know about you guys, but that thing is adorable.

• I dunno, I gotta go with the guy who thinks it looks like the nightmarish lovechild of a Dalek and a Teletubby.

• That's exactly why it's adorable.

@Whale: the Vanguard was made into razor blades. For that there is no excuse.