If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I just heard a strange noise

edited 2012-05-15 23:36:10 in General
I was laying here on my bed, reading on my phone, when suddenly I heard this noise that sounded like a sick, angry creature of some kind, loud and sudden and in close proximity to the right side of me.

I freak out and look over, and the noise cuts itself short, and there's no animal there or anything. My room's the same as always.

WTF just happened?

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I know that feel erry night, bro.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

It might be something in the walls.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Perhaps rats?
  • Alright, I haven't heard any noises since, and it seems unlikely that anything's burrowing in the walls.

You know, unless you're being facetious.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

No, seriously. Sometimes I get possums in the walls of my house. They are assholes. 

• edited 2012-05-16 22:19:25
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

No, seriously. Sometimes I get possums in the walls of my house. They are assholes. 

Okay, you've reminded me of a story, and now I have to tell you all it, no matter how irrelevant it is.

So, the teacher who used to supervise boarders at my school told me this. Apparently at one point, there was a student who liked to kill roaches by spraying them with hairspray and lighting them on fire.

Then one day, he lit one up, and it ran into a crack in the wall. Fifty years of dust bunnies that had been gathering in that wall proceeded to catch on fire.

I'm a little hazy on the details after that, but apparently in the end it wasn't as damaging as you'd expect.

• You can change. You can.

you might even say that he ran into a...

*shades*

firewall

• ^ You hack.

OP: You're a protagonist in a Lovecraft story. 

• edited 2012-05-17 19:28:04
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I remember a Troper once posting about ants crawling out of his laptop, back in the times of original IJBM IIRC.

• I've posted about ants crawling out from under the bottom of the door frame in this IJBM.

Don Zabu - If this was late at night, either it was a tired brain playing tricks or whatever animals you get prowling around your area at night. In this country, it'd be foxes shrieking - you wouldn't believe the racket that can make.