If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I want a wolf hybrid once I'm on my own

edited 2012-05-03 21:24:23 in General
Has friends besides tanks now

Which sucks, because I'm probably not fit to raise one.

But look at this guy!

Our neighbor has a wolf hybrid, and she's very shy and well-behaved, but setting aside my anecdote, it should be self-evident why a part-wolf dog might not be the easiest thing in the world to raise.

Comments

• a little muffled

Technically all dogs are part wolf. Or rather full wolf, since the domestic dog is a type of wolf.

Wikipedia suggests the behaviour differences between wolfdogs and full domestic dogs are overblown, if not nonexistent.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

However irrational, I would like a wolf/eagle hybrid as a pet. 

• edited 2012-05-03 21:35:30
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm pretty happy with my non-wolf dog.

He is the best fucking dog ever and I will duel anyone to the death who says otherwise.
  • I'm going to settle for one of the wolf-like dogs, like a German Shepherd. They start out cute and end up beautiful.

• You can change. You can.

i want a polar bear dog thing

• Has friends besides tanks now

I guess the biggest issue would actually be that they're less predictable than more domestically-bred dogs, as opposed to being more aggressive or something. I wonder how much truth there is to the idea that you need to make it clear that you're the Alpha, or something like that. In the end, there are probably just the same risks as with any other big dog, if raised improperly.

If it were at all reasonable, I'd rather have a bear as a pet, though.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

If he wouldn't have wanted to lob my head off at the first opportunity, I'd like to have a tiger. Just imagine what would cuddling with a tiger look like! :3

• a little muffled

You know, if/when I get a pet of my own...I'm okay with just getting a cat.

• edited 2012-05-03 21:50:58
    Has friends besides tanks now

Just gonna leave this here, in the name of the bear owner master race that I can only look up to.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Now I want to own a bear. Damn you, Everest, for making me suffer another impossible dream.

• No rainbow star

I met someone with a pet wolf. As in pure wolf

The guy was the friendliest thing ever. And he was perfectly behaved at a Renaissance Fair, of all places

• Has friends besides tanks now

^^ :D

• edited 2012-05-03 23:01:57

However irrational, I would like a wolf/eagle hybrid as a pet.

You mean like this?

• No rainbow star

^ I have that toy :D

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^ Yes, but even cooler and stuff. 

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Oh my god I think I have that toy too.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

OP: For some reason I thought you wanted a wolf that ran on both gasoline and electricity.

• edited 2012-05-04 00:50:06

^^^ C'mon, he's a robotic space alien that acts like a knight. How much cooler do you get, as far as wolf/eagle hybrids go?

Also, I don't have that toy, but I don't really care for the Beast Wars toys that much anyway.

• OP: I couldn't help thinking of this thread as "I want to be a wolf-hybrid when I'm on my own." I've spent too long reading SA threads about crazy otherkin people.

More on-topic, an ex-colleague of mine used to own a husky, in the middle of the English countryside. Apparently, they take a massive amount of exercising, so they're not exactly city pets. I assume the same goes for wolf-dogs.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

• edited 2012-05-04 05:05:26
    Likes cheesecake unironically.

This, but if we're talking about nonsensical hybrids, I'd like a dragon/cat thingy. Probably would look completely stupid, though.

• Cats are less smelly and make better pillows anyway.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

What about an eagle? There are falconers (eaglers?) in Central Asia that hunt with eagles. This reminds me of a sure-fire way to attract chicks: 

1) buy a sturdy protective glove 

2) stand in the park 

3) raise gloved hand and shout "Thunder! Where are you?" (you may substitute anything badass for Thunder)

4) tell girls you are worried that your falcon got lost

:) 

• 5)eagle returns with a cute furry creature and they give you shit for it/they try to pet the eagle and it mauls their faces

• You can change. You can.

If that doesn't get you a date, nothing will.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

^^ The thing is, this method requires no actual falcon. It can't fail!

• edited 2012-05-04 11:47:13

The one other time I saw that falcon thing was when a girl I had a crush on at the time posted it on Facebook wondering if it would work on guys. And I was like yes that would work on me if you did that.

Anyway, I've learned by now that I'm really not cut out for owning a pet. I got over that desire a long time ago. I just like visiting other people's dogs!

• One of my uncles had a siberian dog wolf thing, she was extremely calm and rarely did anything besides laying down or strolling about, even when prompted.

She had puppies, one of which holy fuck, was the most annoying shit ever, like one of those hyperactive cartoon dogs except more relentless and aggressive (it wasn't dangerous since its teeth are stupid, but annoying nonetheless).

The one other time I saw that falcon thing was when a girl I had a crush on at the time posted it on Facebook wondering if it would work on guys. And I was like yes that would work on me if you did that. 

You know, when I think of it, you've got a point here.