If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Retroactive Rape: Having sex with a woman is automatically rape, unless she says it isn't!

edited 2012-04-01 19:23:02 in Politics
if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

This blog post, as well as this repost brings a very... interesting proposal regarding rape.

Namely, because the controversy over consent is "asinine", and 95% of rape cases are perpetuated by men, in any cases of sexual intercourse between a man and a woman the woman's lack of consent should be considered the default. That plan would instantly criminalize all male participants in heterosexual sex, making any man simply accused of rape guilty until proven innocent.

Our dear "radical feminist" blogger would like to say this:

I grasp that, technically, the plan criminalizes all male participants in heterosexual sex.

Well, what of it? The set-up now, with the emphasis — in a misogynist world with a misogynist judiciary — on whether or not women “give” consent, is that female participants are all infinitely rapeable, because all some perv has to do is say, “she said yes.”

Fuck you. Fuck you, and your legion of yes-women and yes-men in the comments section. I consider myself a gender egalitarian and think that women still have a long road to go to achieve full equality with men, but I'm sick of these misandrists spouting their nonsense and getting away with it, remaining defended by much of the political left. False rape accusations do happen and there's nothing anybody can say to convince me that it isn't the truth. No matter how often or rare those cases are, considering the accused automatically guilty is a practice democratic societies have left behind a long ago and will hopefully never return to. Suddenly, the word "feminazi" makes sense.

Looking at the crap published by both sides of the American political spectrum is seriously getting bad for my nervous system. These bitches, misogynist Men Rights' Activists and all other spouters of extremist nonsense should just go FUCK themselves.

I don't remember getting annoyed so much for quite a while. I think I need to take another shower.

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

A straight girl could still have as much sex as she wants with men, if for some reason she thinks it’s a good idea (naturally I would most vigorously urge self-identified heterosexual women to contemplate the horrific personal and political implications of submitting to male domination in this way. But that’s another post). All she’d have to do is not call the cops. No harm no foul.

• This looks like a parody.

• edited 2012-04-01 19:26:52

Wait, you're really digging up something that TWISTY FASTER, of all people, said over five YEARS ago? Really?

EDIT: I should add, Twisty is the alter-ego of a relatively-more-moderate-but-still-batshit radfem named Jill. Twisty deliberately took extreme positions because they made Jill feel better and not because she was entirely serious. So Ponicalica is sort of right.

• BlackHumor, I take it from that post that you've seen this person before.  Can you tell me if she's a parody?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

This looks like a parody.

It really doesn't seem like it's serious, considering things like the bit I posted above and sentences like "I grasp that, technically, the plan criminalizes all male participants in heterosexual sex.", but it's still... pretty darned dumb.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

This looks like a parody.

Unfortunately, no. Twisty's a very prominent blogger.

Wait, you're really digging up something that TWISTY FASTER, of all people, said over five YEARS ago? Really?

I saw it linked in a recent thread on another forum, and didn't even check the dates more closely. Doesn't make the proposition any less ridiculous.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Citation needed.

• edited 2012-04-01 19:37:15
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

"Very prominent blogger" fits in the same category of descriptions as "very tall dwarf" and "very intelligent Freep poster."

e: They're probably not serious, but if they were then I would reply that this line of reasoning only fits if you assume that the majority of sex is rape, which is highly unlikely. It presents a problem in that dudes get to say "But she didn't say it was rape, therefore it wasn't rape." I'm not going to touch the whole people-faking-rape thing. And this hardly has anything to do with the American political system. 

Obscure bloggers don't exactly gather 300-400 comments per post.

For all I know, she may very well be a troll or a parody. But what enrages me is that there actually is a sizable number of people supporting this tripe.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

For all I know, she may very well be a troll or a parody. But what enrages me is that there actually is a sizable number of people supporting this tripe.

People agree with a lot of stupid bullshit if it's stated eloquently enough.

Sometimes, even that criterium is unnecessary.

• "But what enrages me is that there actually is a sizable number of people supporting this tripe."

Are you sure they're supporting it and not being similarly deliberately edgy?

The more I think about this, the more uncomfortable I get.

If the law was implemented, a woman could rape a man and then have the man sent to jail for committing rape because it's assumed that the woman didn't consent.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Fair enough. The actual stuff he/she's saying, which is emblematic of a thought process that wishes to absolve a man of having to ask for consent and a woman from giving consent unless she likes the sex is really only on the underside of all this. On the surface it claims to be easier for men and women by sidestepping the whole nasty consent business, but the problem with it all is, once again, that most sex is consensual.

Are you sure they're supporting it and not being similarly deliberately edgy?

I guess that there is too many of them to assume so, and they actually hold pretty heated debates on this matter.

The more I think about this, the more uncomfortable I get.

If the law was implemented, a woman could rape a man and then have the man sent to jail for committing rape because it's assumed that the woman didn't consent.

Precisely.

• edited 2012-04-01 21:49:40

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... oh wait you're serious?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

She's prominent for being nuts. The blog that got me into feminism literally had a series "Twisty Faster is Fucking Insane" going on for a while. (Discontinued because she apparently got emails to the tune of "you go get those feminazis" which was totally not the point.) But seriously, search "Twisty Faster" in quotes; it should be the first hit that isn't Twisty herself. And none of the other links on the page are particularly complimentary.

As for the size of her site: here's her site. Here's an actual big feminist site. Here's another. And here's an MRA site. I hope you've learned from this that comments aren't a reliable measure of traffic.

EDIT @Ponicalica: You don't get to 300 comments if all of your commenters support what you say. High comment counts are a measure of CONTROVERSY, not READERSHIP. Two people arguing can get to 300 comments better than 10,000 lukewarm readers.

Notice how Feministing rarely has significant amounts of comments on their posts, even though they're without exaggeration the largest feminist site on the internet.

• Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think Milos made an implication that the posted opinions were representative of feminism in general, and even mentioned that it was extremist. With that, I'm not sure why the discussion here is about how obscure or not the blogger herself may be.

(Unless this is a case of everyone agreeing that the posted comments are insane, and thus the relative obscurity of the blogger is the only thing left to really discuss. If that's the case, carry on.)

@Elbeem: Yes, you are right. I have nothing against feminism in general - quite the opposite, but this bitch ain't clean.

@BlackHumor: To be honest, I didn't know anything about her before I read this article and the number of comments made me think that she was someone important. Let's now all laugh at mentally ill people, shall we?

• No rainbow star
    Nova: Didn't you get the memo? Men can't be raped by women as men are super strong and can restrain a female attacker (but wouldn't as that is clearly abuse), not to mention that all men are crazed sex machines that can only think about where they will put their dick next
  • @Milos: Why do you have to make me feel bad about calling people crazy? :-C

Don't worry dawg, it ain't easy being all morally righteous 24/7. Sometimes you just need to let it all loose.