If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I moved on from TV Tropes

2»

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

You got banned?  For what reason?  Siteban or forumban?

Good to know you're still around though, and doing well enough to at least post on the internet.

Like what you said about your own interaction with the site, I still think the vast majority of things people do are drama-free, but it's just the things that have drama that draw the most attention.

• You can change. You can.

The thing is, the wiki is mostly drama free. Or at least, editing the wiki is (Until you stumble upon an Antvasima-like-guy)

but...well, everything regarding the administration tends to be hellishly annoying.

• edited 2012-03-26 12:15:31
    Likes cheesecake unironically.

What LouieW said. Seriously, he pretty much summed up my thoughts. Together with what Malkavian said (which is also why I made a comparison with Twilight and Justin Bieber a while ago in another thread).

For me, TV Tropes is just a random place to hang out by now. The reason why I'm still there is probably because I got used to it. I don't really care about it's problems, because I mostly stopped caring for it. Occasionally, I still read the wiki, but only when I'm really bored.

No, I don't see a reason to move on. I don't see a reason to stay there either, which is why I'm not often there anymore.

• Darling you gotta let me know
    Should I stay or should I go?
    If you say that you are mine
    I'll be here 'til the end of time
    So you got to let know

Always tease tease tease
    Siempre - coqetiando y enganyando
    You're happy when I'm on my knees
    Me arrodilla y estas feliz
    One day is fine, next is black
    Un dias bien el otro negro
    So if you want me off your back
    Al rededar en tu espalda
    Well come on and let me know
    Me tienes que desir
    Should I Stay or should I go?
    Me debo ir o que darme

Should I stay or should I go now?
    If I go there will be trouble
    An' if I stay it will be double
    So come on and let me know

This indecision's bugging me
    Esta undecision me molesta
    If you don't want me, set me free
    Si no me quieres, librame
    Exactly who'm I'm supposed to be
    Diga me que tengo ser
    Don't you know which clothes even fit me?
    ¨Saves que robas me querda?
    Come on and let me know
    Me tienes que desir
    Should I cool it or should I blow?
    ¨Me debo ir o quedarme?

¨Yo me frio o lo sophlo?
    If I go there will be trouble
    Si me voi - va ver peligro
    And if I stay it will be double
    Si me quedo es doble
    So you gotta let me know
    Me tienes que decir
    ¨Yo me frio o lo sophlo?

¨Yo me frio o lo sophlo?

am i fried or do i blow it

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur
    Not out of character for Clash.
  • I just don't really care either way.

but waltzy. how can you not bitch about some internet site? D:

• Ultimately, TV Tropes is mostly harmless.

things on the internet often are.

• As much as Eddie is a terrible admin, it's really only happening within the site itself. You're more amused than horrified if you're watching form the sidelines.

• edited 2012-03-26 22:23:59
    My arms are falling off!

glennmagusharvey 2012-03-26 08:56:16
    You got banned?  For what reason?  Siteban or forumban?

The whole thing. Stupid things on my part and FE's.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^ Elaboration?

• Sometimes I feel weird that most of my problem with the site is basically "Yack Fest is boring now". It feels rather silly to me, but that was pretty much my whole presence there by the time I stopped posting there (though I did pop in when the Trash Heap turned two years old.).

• Actually, that was the fundamental reason I left too.

• edited 2012-03-27 18:46:58

@ Glenn: You can check his posting history. Some information there.

• «Sometimes I feel weird that most of my problem with the site is basically "Yack Fest is boring now".»

This is pretty much why I left, except replace "Yack Fest" with "the forum".  Well, that and that most of the cool people left for #yf.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Nowadays I spend most of my time on 'Tropes forums in several of YF's long-standing threads, with visits to Writer's Block and World Building and occasionally media subforums.

• edited 2012-03-28 12:39:51
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I practically don't even browse the forum anymore, but the threads I have watchlisted generate enough activity that I can go back once a day and still have lots of new stuff to see.

And they're not even the gigathreads like Troper Updates.  Though they are threads about Wisconsin politics, Middle Eastern politics, and more.

• I have decided to stay off the forum except to discuss tropes / YKTTWs / projects.

• Definitely not gay.

I dunno. There is a lot of incompetent modding and a lot of people that I don't like (who will not be named) but for all its flaws I can't bring myself to leave.