If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Maaaaan, fuck statistics.

edited 2012-02-29 10:04:50 in Wonderful posts

This kind of math is just hard.

Comments

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Also generally dull.

• And too easy to misinterpret.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

descriptive statistics: ways of summarizing data.

inferential statistics: ways of drawing conclusions from data.

• No rainbow star
    Funnily, statistics and probabilities was the only thing I found easy in the more advanced math courses
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Statistics was the only type of math I took in college because my club advisor taught it and I was all 'well all my needed credits are taken care of, might as well try to branch out a bit'. Trufax

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Warhammer taught me probability. 

It never worked because I have a general habit of rolling awfully, but still!

• You can change. You can.

Statistic is easy. But it's incredibly incredibly dull

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

It's more tedious than dull, I'd say.  The ability to look through data, to think about how people draw conclusions from it, and think of how to fudge it, and how to poke holes in others' possible fudging of it, feels really awesome.  The tediousness comes in actually entering and processing the data.

• Has friends besides tanks now

It's definitely more tedious than difficult. It'd probably be going easier if it wasn't from 7:30-9:00 in the morning when I was learning it, too.

• My stats class was so bad, I learned more about statistics from three hours on Wikipedia and the first two weeks of a beginning-level physics lab than all the stats lectures and textbook readings put together.

• edited 2012-02-29 15:19:06
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

...I just noticed something.

Okay, here we go.

Usage statistics of the word

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Those Puritans were cheeky buggers.

• Oh wow, yolu guys are having actual discussion here?

Eh, not really surprised.