If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Apple

edited 2012-01-20 17:04:01 in General
Good people don't end up here.

Comments

• a little muffled

Apple is a horrible company; what else is new? Given their general degree of control-freakery, this isn't even that out of character.

• Good people don't end up here.

Just because I'm not surprised doesn't mean I'm not outraged. Any author who uses this software is automatically in trouble because whatever they write, Apple gets the distribution rights by default.

• No rainbow star
    ...Now I want to read all their EULAs and see if I accidentally gave them ownership of my soul by using an iPhone
  • But you never had any to begin with.

^ Depends. Did you make nuclear or biochemical weapons with it?

• No rainbow star
    ^ I'm not entirely convinced that they didn't already do that

Presenting the new product, the iNuke! Not compatible with non-Apple missiles.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

So Apple is claiming ownership of anything created while using their product? Isn't that illegal? 

• But you never had any to begin with.

^^^ Oh, I was being quite serious. "You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons."

^^ It's certainly unethical, but I haven't the slightest idea how it would stand up to legal scrutiny.

• I had a long debate alongside one of my friends against another one of my friends regarding Apple yesterday.

The conclusion we came to was basically "fuck Apple".

• No rainbow star
    ^^^ I know it's real

I'm just not entirely convinced that their products aren't already biochemical or nuclear weapons