If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Insensitivity

2»

Comments

• This guy sounds like he's running for Trollface Stepdad of the Year or something. Having said that, I don't think it's worth getting that wound up over a video game.

Also, if it's any consolation, being driven to despair by dickish behaviour from your parents or their spouses isn't rare. My Dad spent about half my childhood trolling his entire family, chiefly by making crass racist comments we knew he didn't really believe. Saying that the local mosque is "full of Eastern promise" (an old chocolate bar advertising slogan) kind of loses what humour it had on the 50,000th repetition. 

• edited 2011-11-25 12:42:57
    Erudite Meathead
    I'm not sure how she would feel about me divulging too much or something, but trust me, this is the tip of the iceberg regarding her mom and the stepdad's awful behaviours. It's more like they're both fucking dicks who have a history of antagonizing her for shits and giggles and when that came together with her passion for video games, she very reasonably fucking blew.

Maybe the reason why it seems like Waltzy is overreacting is because she's talking about them in pretty charitable terms. Trust me, I know. Those two are pretty much your archetypical vulgar frivolous American caricature brought to life.

-exit stage left-
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I think a lot of us have gathered as much from how Waltzy described her mom's Facebook posting habits.

I feel pretty sorry for her, that she has to deal with parents like that.
  • edited 2011-11-25 12:47:36
    Erudite Meathead
    She gets far worse than even that, but I may be overstepping my bounds if I say more so I'll leave it to Waltzy if she chooses to say more.

@Waltzy: If there's anything more, do not hesitate to talk with me about it tonight. With this stuff, it's best to get it off your chest with a person who knows (more or less) the full extent of the problem.
  • edited 2011-11-25 12:48:32
    Even though my initial impression was "it's just a video game," if what Lisztening says is true, than I can sympathize much more. 

Sorry about your shitty Thanksgiving.
  • You can change. You can.
    Yeah, like I said, I don't think it's what they're dooing what bothers her so much as the attitude behind it. 
  • So as a bit of an update, he sent me an apology message on facebook today, but it's the sort of thing where I'm pretty sure he only sent it because mom made him, and mom only made him after I told her how truly awful I was feeling and because I told her I don't wanna deal with the same things at Christmas.

It read as less an apology and more of a "sorry I'll try better to sidestep your oversensitivity but also it's kinda your fault because in the past you've liked hearing about games".

The last part isn't even fully true because I like hearing about games while they're in development and not out yet, like demos and features to expect, not full blown gory details about something already released.

In any case I'm feeling somewhat better this morning, and Lisztening basically hit the nail on the head and described what I was too frazzled to convey clearly.
  • No rainbow star
    *Hugs Waltzy* I don't get how anyone could be mean to a cutie like you 83