If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I keep thinking Forzare is a mod

Comments

• edited 2011-11-16 22:18:00
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^^I AM THE FREE-SPIRITED CHAOTIC NEUTRAL TRICKSTER OF IJBM! I SHALL NOT BE BROKEN! I SHALL NOT BE TAMED 

(argue amongst yourselves as to whether I'm actually chaotic neutral or not)
  • edited 2011-11-16 22:18:35
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^^ I didn't mean to say it was based on popular decision; I knew none of the other mods would object (although Glenn hasn't seen this yet, so for all I know . . .), and I certainly didn't want to keep him around. Sorry for not clarifying; I mean to say that with other offenses, there's the possibility that they might get better, but racism's too deeply rooted for an Internet forum to cure.

@Vivi: Check out the Cultural Marxists thread some ways down.

@Ban first policy: That's probably fair. Although in that case I'd also push for customized assignment of punishment lengths. I wouldn't approve this if more mods were around, but at this point I feel that I can correctly gauge the reactions of the others.
  • You can change. You can.
    Question: Why do you think it's terrible?

I mean, if someone comitted an offense, notfying them by PM is bound to reduce any grduges. If they can't accept why did it happen post ban, then they're allowed to discuss it and reverse it (We have an email to do so)

I mean, we have the means for a fair and effective system. There's no point to it if it's not effective and it's just fair

• I used to want to be a mod here, but after seeing how stupid the drama here gets I'm kinda glad that it's not my job to fix it.

Also the fact that I'm not really mod material.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "Why do you think it's terrible?"

I meant specifically the practice of imprisoning potential innocents until they get a trial. The rest of it obviously doesn't compare to that.
  • edited 2011-11-16 22:21:12
    You can change. You can.
    I kinda want to help fix it. It's a community I care for and I think I honestly could contribute as a mod. Yes, the drama is daunting, but the people are likeable enough to make it worthwhile in my book.

Also

*puts on only light to shine on him and his smile* 

you know I'm the moderator IJBM needs

Juan Carlos. Moderator for the Colombian party
    We can stop the shitty drama.

^Normally, they're not sent to prison and are just kepy under supervision for a variety of reasons (Charges being too big, probability of them leaving the country, etc etc)

See: Roman Polaski.
  • edited 2011-11-16 22:23:26
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I think it work in a forum environment, though.

Not too many innocents would get banned, methinks.

^ You're the moderator Gotham IJBM needs. I'm the one it deserves.
    I kinda want to help fix it ... Yes, the drama is daunting, but the people are likeable enough to make it worthwhile in my book.
    Honestly though, I agree that I want to make the community better. Hell, that's part of the reason I try to act as reasonable as I can.
  • edited 2011-11-16 22:22:44

"Yes, the drama is daunting, but the people are likeable enough to make it worthwhile in my book."

Who are you and what have you done with Juan?

^Yeah, it tends to be really obvious who is at fault, even when said person is trying to blame everyone else for it. *cough* Chagen *cough*

• edited 2011-11-16 22:23:58
    To be quite blunt, I'm pretty sure it would only take two more bans to end most of, if not all of, the drama.

And besides, if we go through with this policy, then the forum's small enough that it would work.
  • I think it's worth bringing up: Use the "Flag" button. It helps deal with shit quicker.

On a side note, I'm impressed at how quickly you lot respond to it.

I do use the Flag button. Frequently. Though I suppose you'd all tell me that's my problem.
  • edited 2011-11-16 22:25:13
    $80+ per session
    3 bans? That seems like a lot
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'd use the flag button a lot more if it existed on the mobile site.
  • edited 2011-11-16 22:26:24
    ^^ Misestimation based on incidents that don't really show signs of repeating themselves, if only for the moment.

I've always liked the idea of giving mods the power to ban first, ask later, but that's just not how it's been done.
  • You can change. You can.
    Who are you and what have you done with Juan?

Thy answer lies within the parallels set by this sentence.

^ You're the moderator Gotham IJBM needs. I'm the one it deserves.
  • edited 2011-11-16 22:26:51

@Everest: I wasn't actually referring to you, since I assumed that flagging was for normal members to alert mods. I would have guessed that the mods would have other means of alerting other mods, but if mods can use flags too, good on you.

• edited 2011-11-16 22:29:25
    Yeah. Even if a decision is pretty unanimous between us, it's nice to at least show them what's about to go down, I think.
    Like I said, to be honest, I've always wanted it to be done this way. It's just . . . not.

I'll see if the other mods, Glenn in particular, have anything to say about this.
  • Perhaps "fix it" wasn't the best phrasing. I would like to help improve the community. I'm not all that invested in the forum as it is, but I like the people and if the place were more interesting and less prone to stupid drama I would probably stick around a bit more often.
  • $80+ per session
    What would "more interesting" entail?
  • edited 2011-11-16 22:36:11
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'd just be happy if we could cut down on the stupid unnecessary drama.  I like the people enough that I have fun just hanging out here, when it's not all "rage burn maim kill rawr".
  • edited 2011-11-16 22:36:41
    ^^ He probably means "if they talked about ponies and road signs more often", am I right? :P

^ I don't feel like anyone here really wants drama, so that doesn't help too too much.
  • I think more everyday things like CentralAvenue's last thread would be nice. I am personally slightly burned out on political and media discussions myself.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^
    I admit the topics of conversation don't typically interest me, either; you'll notice I almost never get into debates that don't revolve around anime or moderation policies.
    I don't feel like anyone here really wants drama, so that doesn't help too too much.
    Yeah, but a big part of drama is not thinking before posting/overreacting to stupid stuff.  If people just tried a little harder to avoid it, drama wouldn't be as much of an issue.  It's not really a question of wanting it/not wanting it so much as one of judgement.
  • edited 2011-11-16 22:41:15
    "Yeah, but a big part of drama is not thinking before posting/overreacting to stupid stuff.  If people just tried a little harder to avoid it, drama wouldn't be as much of an issue.  It's not really a question of wanting it/not wanting it so much as one of judgement."

And we've also seen that no one ever tries to fix this, so banning is generally the only option, since we can't physically/mentally force people to be prudent.
  • He probably means "if they talked about ponies and road signs more often", am I right? :P
    >:(
    Oh, Goddammit. Sorry about that.
  • edited 2011-11-16 22:42:15
    ^^ I know.  I just wish people would actually try to avoid it, instead of running into it like an emo kid in traffic.