If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I keep thinking Forzare is a mod

edited 2011-11-16 21:45:12 in General
$80+ per session
Why is this?

Comments

• edited 2011-11-16 21:46:53
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Because he's my cheap clone, most likely.

Or maybe just because of his rationality and manner of advisement.
  • You can change. You can.
    Because Forzare is mod material

And the only reason he isn't a mod yet, especially now that there's a vacant is...
  • I find myself thinking that sometimes, too.
  • edited 2011-11-16 21:51:40
    The forum's small enough that we're probably fine with . . . well, even if it was just me and INUH, it would probably work, that's how small we are. It would be weird if (almost literally) half the forum had mod powers.

He'd definitely be my pick for a new one, though.
  • Why does no one ever see me as moddy?

It must be my delightful irreverence.
  • $80+ per session
    But, everyone knows all the mods aren't really mods. Just complex AI programmed by Unknown_Entity. Even the ones that ragequit and get banned. It's all according to plan.
  • edited 2011-11-16 21:51:43
    ^^^To be honest, I do think we need more assertive mods. You've demonstrated difficulty with making decisions in the past.
    >Implying Unknown_Entity is not Glenn's personal AI.

Also

>Implying Glenn is not Anemotaxis' best creation.
  • $80+ per session
    Juan has a good point.

But he is forgetting that only 10% of the members here aren't AI.
    Also, we might be small, but we deal with far more drama than most sites deal with.
  • $80+ per session
    Which is slightly commendable, but also not at the same time.
  • If we did want to have someone become a mod, it seems to me that we should have that happen while the drama is low and tempers are cool.
    Oh definetly. I don't want a mod now, but I'm saying that the idea that we're small, therefore we need less mods falls down when you realize that the current situation is that we have an average of HOLY FUCK DRAMATIZ every few weeks
  • edited 2011-11-16 22:03:47
    'To be honest, I do think we need more assertive mods."

I feel like I've been getting better about asserting myself, for what it's worth. Maybe it's just me. But I feel like it's tough to be too assertive when we're a team of moderators.

^ More like every three days. Which still baffles me, of course. But it would take very little to end that if we really wanted to (right now it's a matter of finalizing opinions, I guess). And besides, more mods means more opinions to gather, which means longer deliberation times. I feel like I've been acting much more authoritatively (or at least, I've been much more active) without Cygan around, and with Ian and ninjaclown posting less frequently.
  • edited 2011-11-16 22:00:50
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I see we made it one post before Everest claimed that I was his clone.

One. Post.

'Sides, we all know that he's my clone.

Really though, I'm kind of flattered.
    This is the closest you'll get to be an actual mod.

And respected, too.

Man, I remember when GMH thought I was mod material.

And I'd've gotten away with it, were it not for Cygan asking me earlier and me declining >_<
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "I see we made it one post before Everest claimed that I was his clone.

One. Post."

I suppose I have been running that joke into the ground. My apologies.
  • I will say I'm more pleased with how the current mod team has been handling things than I ever recall being in the past.

I still think I disagree with the practice of censoring threads with drama, but that's been around for a long time.
    ^ Honestly, me too (well, the first part; I see no reason why drama can't be kept in PMs/done away with). It's way less restricting having fewer mods around.
  • edited 2011-11-16 22:07:20
    $80+ per session
    Would it be too much to have us try to do a fun little "x days without drama!" Type thing? :ppp
    And besides, more mods means more opinions to gather, which means longer deliberation times.

Honestly, I'd say that you guys are doing this wrongly:

For starters, you're working under the assumption that a moderating team is like a council when it should be like a bunch of policemen. They should be able to act on things immediately. Consensus should be reached post-punishment on whether reversal should be done. 

Kinda like how you put a criminal in prison till trial. Or on parole, depending on the case, as it may
  • I agree with Juan here.
  • edited 2011-11-16 22:10:03
    "Kinda like how you put a criminal in prison till trial."

I think that's a terrible practice, personally. Maybe not the rest of it (though that, too, is getting better), but the whole "well, you're innocent until proven guilty, but we'll keep you in prison anyway" bit. I only pulled this on Shichibukai today because I figured the unanimous consensus would be "we don't want him back".
  • $80+ per session
    I also agree with Juan
  • ^^Not because he just outed himself as a racist?
    ^ Well, that's precisely why I correctly guessed that no one would want him back.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I've long proven myself not to be mod material.

I HAVE NO REGRETS!
  • $80+ per session
    did he literally out as a racist? I never saw
  • edited 2011-11-16 22:14:59

Yeah, but basing your decisions on popular opinion is generally a bad idea that allows problematic people to continue being problematic.

^^Hey, being a free member is better than getting stuck with the forum janitorial work.

^http://itjustbugsme.com/forums/discussion/8753/the-cultural-marxists-are-rewriting-literature-again/p1

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    This is the closest you'll get to be an actual mod.
    -shrug-

If I were offered the position, I would accept, but I'm not upset that I'm not one at all.

Re: Clones: Nah, I honestly find it kind of amusing.

Re: Ban first, ask questions later: I think that's probably the best policy for a site so drama-laden as this. If someone's being really stupid/dickish/whatever, one mod should be able to bring down the hammer without waiting for the committee to gather.