If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy

-sneezes-

^ AH AH AH HA HA HA!

It's still a mystery what Tidus' voice actor was trying to do. Perhaps it was just his laugh which was the problem. Maybe they should have gotten a laugh double to do that

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^Oh, come on. I haven't even played the game and I know that in-context, that laugh was supposed to sound stupidly fake.
  • People do insist that James Arnold Taylor is supposed to be a good voice actor though, which means it's a problem with his interpretation of the character or an issue of voice direction.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Hooray for senior privilege! /sitting at home
  • Everest (re the creepy guy at the pool) - If your colleague isn't just joking, he should probably report this guy to the management. It probably won't be the first time they've seen this.

I'm not sure there's much you can do though, since you haven't directly seen the guy do anything.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    So I just watched Moral Orel's first season.

That was a depressing Christmas special.

If you spoil any of seasons 2 or 3 I will eat your face
  • edited 2011-10-14 12:29:17
    Has friends besides tanks now
    >reading Heart of Darkness for English class

JESUS CHRIST MARLOW GET TO THE POINT!

(I don't actually mind the prose, but I have trouble believing someone can just rant like that out of nowhere, and for so long without pausing).

@captainbrass: I'll see what I can do, though I won't be working when he's there until the 27th.
  • Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy
    Yay for chicago town deep pan pizza <3
  • I never actually read Heart of Darkness.  I thought it was too boring, so I just skimmed over the whole thing.  Kinda sucked when I had to write about it though... >.>

Also, my Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya DVD I ordered last weekend apparently came in on Wednesday, which means it only took like two or three business days even though I got standard shipping.  This is... kind of awesome, I guess.  So basically, I'm watching the hell out of that as soon as I get home.  Then watching it again next week with my friends.  Then watching it again just 'cause why not maybe?

• But you never had any to begin with.
    The only book I've read recently that actually bored me was Wizard and Glass. It just doesn't have the same feel as the preceding three books in the Dark Tower series.
  • edited 2011-10-14 13:47:29

@Laughing scene: Interestingly, it's the rest of the scene besides the laughter that shows that the voice acting isn't very good. I hear Hedy Burress is supposed to get better after this game, but her performance in Final Fantasy X and Dissidia Duodecim just sounds so stilted and flat.

Also, from James Arnold Taylor himself: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0852517/board/nest/53051851?d=120311687&p=5#120311687

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ Yeah, that is by far the worst book in the series.
  • edited 2011-10-14 13:37:55
    Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy

I'm halfway through The Drawing of The Three. Eddie's story was good but Odetta/Detta's story ended abruptly,  plus in typical fashion Stephen King got schizophrenia and multiple personalities mixed up, which makes it harder to take it seriously. This Jack Mort sounds interesting, though... I've been reading it quite slowly now.  

• $80+ per session
    Looks like I'm getting back into WoW.
    Just gotta buy WotLK and Cat.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    one of us
    one of us
    gooble gobble
  • $80+ per session
    You play it?

You should purae with me.
    Yeah. I stopped for a while, but I started again when Cata came out.

I'm also only just getting getting over a serious case of alt-itis.
  • $80+ per session
    I won't be starting up for, probably, a few more weeks. When I do, I'll hit you up. I think I want my first character after over 2 years away from the game to be a...Goblin.
  • edited 2011-10-14 13:58:35
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Speaking of gobble, I recently discovered Gobble-Con, except it costs money AND is all the way in Stamford, Connecticut.

Maybe I'll go to next year's Quinni-Con.  That one's free and in Hamden.
    Vivi: My main realm is Korialstrasz, where I have an 83 Draenei paladin and a 65 Forsaken mage.

I could always role a new character somewhere else, though.

^ I've still never been to any kind of con, and I dunno enough about any of them to decide which (local) one I should try to go to.
  • $80+ per session
    Deciding a realm is usually the hardest decision for me. 9/10 times I'll choose PVP or RPPVP though, so yeah.
    Yeah, I'm on a normal realm, mostly because that's where my friends were when I started playing.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Oh boy, the shitstorm going on at /a/ right now...

So beautiful
  • $80+ per session
    ^^ I made a lot of friends in WoW over the many months I played it. I'm sure I'll never see any of them again, cause I have no way to contact any of them, and it's been probably two years now. But I'm kind of excited for a new start, and a new return to the world.
  • Hey, Nick, have you seen the Spanish threads over at /a/? 
  • Nohay: Why? What happened?
  • edited 2011-10-14 15:28:40
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^^I used to play on Thorium Brotherhood, it's supposed to be an RP server, but no one actually does that anymore. But it's nice either way, it avoids a lot of the assholery of your typical server. I have an 85 Orc Death Knight, 83 Blood Elf Warlock, 45 Troll Shaman, and bunch of others I don't remember.

Fuck. Now I wanna go back and see my guild too. :(
  • $80+ per session
    There is a lot of shit I never did. I don't just mean never getting WotLK or Cata, but also experiencing all the community the game has to offer.
    Yeah, I was never as socially involved in the game as I'd have liked. I never found a guild that I actually got attached to in any way.