If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Spriting

edited 2011-10-03 15:16:12 in General
No rainbow star
I love doing it but GOD can it be irritating to do at times

Fucking leaf texture messing with me. Should go fucking burn down a fucking forest in fucking Minecraft so the fucking 32x leaf fucking textures can fucking stop fucking mocking me

...Fucking!

Comments

• Textures aren't sprites.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ >.> I'm still putting in each pixel for a 32x32 image, specifically one that isn't solid anyways so I am calling it spriting anyways because dammit ranting and raving!
  • No rainbow star
    ^ It's the actual pixel work that's making me rage, not the slow down in minecraft (I play on tiny fast max FPS and only get 15-20 FPS. I'm used to it :D)
  • ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    Optifine has a ton of options for configuring graphics.
  • No rainbow star
    Yes, but how does that help with making a texture pack from scratch?
    Personal usage?

Also, I missed that.

Transparent stuff bugs the everliving hell out of me, and biome compatibility is a mystery in and of itself to be unraveled. I've been considering doing a guro Yume Nikki themed texture pack for a while now, lemme know how your efforts go.

In my defense, I first read the title as "sprinting".
  • No rainbow star
    ^ I have a guide to the biome colours, actually. But I ignore it usually

The really sucky part about this pack is that I can't seem to lower the resolution of the items, yet I'll have to for the 16x pack so that you don't get 16x flowers beside 32x dyes, for example :<
    You'd think there would be a tool for doing something like that. I'd recommend using something like Pixia to make a re-sized duplicate, although that would likely be spotty. Doing it by hand would be unpleasant as well.

I'd ask around Minecraft forum for something that could get the job done. I can't imagine that you would have to do it all by hand.

• No rainbow star
    ^ There is a site that downsizes packs for lower resolution packs

I never use that option because the result looks like shit :<
  • Pixel art does not downscale well. Vector art does though.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Eh
  • What I refer to as Vector art and pixel art. Doing vector art is vastly different than spriting. Vector art is less setting pixels down and more creating a set mathematical data and formulas to describe how something looks, so that at any almost any given resolution it looks practically the same.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ I know about vector graphics. Still eh (I can't imagine ever being THAT precise)