If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Mojojojo, Dr. Ivo Robotnik, Cobra Commander, Ganondorf, and other ineffective villains

edited 2011-09-09 12:58:00 in Wonderful posts
No rainbow star
You all suck. Honestly, try something different when facing the good guys! If I could think of a real life example of a horrid villain, I would (Hey, at least Hitler got somewhere)

Comments

• Thanks for mentioning me, I appreciate it.

But, yeah, I agree. They never come up with a solid plan that challenges the heroes in any way, and they never learn from their mistakes when they get beaten.

On the plus side, they (mostly) survive their defeats, but that's not much of a justification for their stupidity.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Ganondorf conquered Hyrule at least twice. Also, he engulfed it in the ocean.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ He didn't engulf it in the ocean. That was the Goddesses/King of Hyrule

But yeah, forgot about the games where he got Hyrule

Still, you'd think that he'd send monsters to guard the Master Sword (Monsters as in boss scale). And you'd also think that he would at least clear out the special item from each dungeon (Hey, Ganondorf! Why would you leave a shield that ABSORBS AND REFLECTS MAGIC in the temple that your SURROGATE WITCH MOTHERS ARE GUARDING!?)
  • You could argue most fictional villains are ultimately ineffectual because they lose, Yes, even you, Darth Vader and The Joker (although truly and finally losing in a long-running comic is rare. That "dead" bad guy can always be retconned back to life, for instance). 

Hitler lost in the end too, of course. The really effective villains IRL are the ones that die still in power - like Stalin, Mao or Franco.

• edited 2011-09-09 14:34:19
    No rainbow star
    ^ Still can't argue that Hitler didn't manage to do a lot of damage while he was at it, as opposed to Robotnik who (unless you take the comics in which he apparently IS effective until he obsesses over Sonic) keeps losing to the same guy, who is unarmed and should die easily if he makes a massive pit of spikes around a station

If he at least made it so that Sonic couldn't rely on his speed, then he'd be far more effective

And Mojojojo, last I checked, couldn't do shit against the girls. I'm pretty sure all his strategies were the same at the core (correct me if I'm wrong - it's been ages since I've seen that show)

Edit: And isn't the Joker effective? I thought his main goal was to bring a little chaos into the world, and he accomplishes that quite often from what I know
  • You could argue most fictional villains are ultimately ineffectual because they lose,

It depends on how they lose; for example, surrendering (in a manner of speaking) after being cornered by three different armies who all want your ass on a meathook isn't too embarassing, but getting beaten up by an unarmed blue deformed hedgehog with a retarded fanbase? Major fail right there bro.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Robotnik's ONLY saving graces are that 1) He conquered a few planets in Colours (Although seeing as how the Wisps appear to be harmless unless somebody uses them, that's like claiming that conquering a planet of hamsters is a triumph) and 2) That the hog has taken down a few things that could destroy planets (However, he is FORCED to use the chaos emeralds which makes him a one man army due to invincibility and a damaging aura, and either the damage leaves rings all over or else he has a way to get rings, with the foe apparently having no idea that the rings fuel the form. Robotnik gets beaten by the hog when he is in a form where a bullet to the head would stop him)

Another example of a decent villain is GLaDOS. She was defeated, sure, but she tries different ways to kill Chell and, well, you can't blame her for thinking the girl would die in the fire (One can assume that that was the first time the Portal Gun was tested on walls presumably covered in soot, not to mention that it worked on rusted steel walls. It outperformed expectations, which, along with defective cores, meant that GLaDOS couldn't win. Heck, at the end of Portal 2,
  • I've KILLED the hog MULTIPLE TIMES! He keeps finding these monitors that let him come back from death!

Tell me, how is ANYBODY supposed to kill a HEDGEHOG who can tear METAL apart and can come back from the dead!?

And NOBODY bring up Metal Sonic being better than me! I programmed him, so his victories are MINE!
  • edited 2011-09-09 17:15:54
    You people really need to learn to multitask.

I mean, I may be hellbent on saving this planet from being manipulated by a self-satisfied God tricking the public into believing he's helping them while he's really just shackling them and preventing them realizing their true potential, but how many of you are one the most respected businessmen in the world all the while?

^Really? You made an evil version of your arch-nemesis? And you wonder why you haven't taken over the world yet?
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^^
    So yeah Sonic Heroes?
  • Hey, unlike those other losers, did take over the world! The only reason I lost it is because it's freaking boring! Even killing everybody with lasers gets old!
  • ^^^ Everything else failed. I figured it was worth a shot

^^ Programmed TOO well... Damn robot...
  • Ha! Your pitiful machines pale in comparison to the Espers!
  • You all suck. Darth Vader is where it's at.
  • edited 2011-09-10 03:14:03
    I, Mojo Jojo, refuse to stand for this indignity! I am competent, capable, effective! To call me incompetent would be incorrect or wrong, because as I have previously stated, I am competent, capable, effective! I will not forget, which is to say I will remember, this indignity or insult to my dignity or well-being! And I will destroy you, Icalasari, which is to say that I will murder you, which is to say that I will end your life intentionally and with intent! Which I will accomplish or achieve (killing you, that is) after I kill those thrice-accursed (accursed accursed accursed) Powder-puff brats!
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Ah, so then I'll die of old age first. Good to know

Mind you, you could bore me to death with your repetitive talking
  • On an unrelated note, where do you live? I just want to know, because I want to see you in person and talk to you about how you hurt my feelings like a rational human being would face-to-face.
  • edited 2011-09-10 12:08:57
    No rainbow star
    I don't even live in the same universe as you (Either that or the news REALLY fails at delivering information about three super powered girls). My address would be worthless to you
  • "after I kill those thrice-accursed (accursed accursed accursed) Powder-puff brats!"

Oh, what a loser. I could teach you a thing or three about controlling superpowered girls.

• edited 2011-09-10 12:34:26
    No rainbow star
    ^ Could you teach Robotnik a thing or two about having his robots destroy powerup monitors and rings while you're at it?
  • Certainly! Destruction is what I do best!
  • No rainbow star
    ^ You seem like an awesome villain. What series are you from, so that I can read about/watch/experience your exploits?
  • Oh, it's called Final Fantasy, because the company that logged my exploits was going to die! Ehehe! The one you want to go with is 6, like 666, the number of the devil! Ignore the other ones; all the other baddies are losers. But if you want to see me beat up those wimps while hearing my brilliant voice, you want Dissidia, as in disagreement, the fuel of conflict and destruction!

• No rainbow star
    Now I just need to locate a 'legitimate' copy of FF6...