If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Not being able to buy a physical copy of an album you really want.

edited 2011-08-19 10:32:44 in General
I've got some really awesome albums on my computer that I would love to buy physical copies of, but in some cases I either can't find a physical copy of the album due to its rarity, or I can't buy the physical copies I do find because they're too expensive.

It's not that I absolutely need a physical copy, of course, but it's nice to have one, and it's nice to give money to the people who made it*, and not having physical copies of albums that are better than the majority of the albums I already own is annoying.

*This problem could be solved by buying the albums on iTunes, of course, but A) that still doesn't solve the not-having-a-physical-copy problem, and B) I can't find some of the albums on iTunes either.

Comments

• edited 2011-08-19 10:40:10
    Cue-bey
    Just get it off itunes, then download it illegally and burn it to a CD. Print cd labels for the burned copy. Delete the itunes copy. Delete itunes. Problem solved.
  • probably human
    Why would you need to download it illegally? Doesn't ITunes let you burn songs?
  • Yeah, I'm almost totally certain iTunes lets you burn CDs.
  • I've used iTunes to burn CDs before; however, the files I burned onto the CD were in MP3 format rather than m4a, which is what iTunes encourages everyone to use. There's a chance m4a won't work, but I haven't tried it before.

Burning the albums onto CD is an idea that's crossed my mind before, but I'd still feel like I was missing a "proper" copy even if I bought the files on iTunes (which I can't do for all the albums in question, since some of them aren't available in their store).
  • You can burn songs purchased from iTunes to CD. Even if they're the ones from years and years ago when they were still locked down by DRM.