If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Where will IJBM be in 20 years? 40?

edited 2011-08-11 14:43:37 in IJBM meta
No rainbow star
Not much else to say. Just an odd thought that popped into my head ...Although the image of me shitposting at the age of 40 then 60 is amusing...

Comments

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    In 20 years, the machines will have eliminated all aspects of intraspecies communication, including online forums.
  • No rainbow star
    Wouldn't machines be a form of intraspecies communication?
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

What are you talking about? In 20 years, those of us still living after the open-ended apocalypse will fighting for survival. The last of us living will have compiled the whole forum from beginning to end in a book, then with enough food and water to survive for a long time will sit down to read that book and their glasses will break but they can't see without their glasses and it's not fair. There's time! THERE'S TIME!

Also, anyone reading this part of the IJBM Volumes will be really freaked out right about.....

now!

If we're still doing this in 20 or 40 years, we'll probably be posting a lot about how the music and anime of today (the future) sucks.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I will eat my hat if I look back on K-ON! with anything resembling fondness.
  • Prediction: By 2051, @Pinkie_Pie will be the lead administrator.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    As much as I like it here, I don't really see this place being around/active many years from now.

It is amusing to picture myself posting as a crotchety old man, though.
    I want a sword stick when I'm old.
  • I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    In 20 years we'll all have identical scarlet-haired men as slaves.
    It's good to know that we are less than 4 years away from hoverboards and flying cars.
  • No rainbow star
    ^^^^ "Ya young whippersnappers! Talkin' about yer hangnails an' losin' on an easy game! Why back in my day I had to go uphill both ways through six feet of shitposts just to git ter complain about mah dog dyin'! NOW GIT OUT OF MAH THREAD!"
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    It will be reunited with TV Tropes. In website hell.
  • this reminds me of that topic Vorpy brought up a while backa bout where TV Tropes will be once Fast Eddie is gone.
  • It'll be gone, all its former members having moved on.
  • you assume too much inkblot. I for example am incapable of moving on.
  • You can change. You can.
    The site is a beast of its own by now. If Eddie goes, one of the mods will take over. Or Janitor, even.
  • I hope you're right i've heard good things about Janitor.
  • I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    TV Tropes will hopefully be in better hands once Eddie is gone.
  • you don't think its in good hands iwth Eddie?
  • Okay hands at best. He won't even switch using phpBB.
    Eddie...is really not that good of an admin, truth be told.

He thinks way too much in terms of what pleases him rather than what pleases the userbase (The whole quote button thing, Yuri thingie, etc etc)

Honestly, I was never much fond of the staff, but I thought that if I didn't get on their way, they wouldn't get on mine, so...
  • well to be fair it is his website. but i'm not too happy with some of his choices either..
    It might be his website, but he intends said website for other people to use it. So instead of pleasing himself, he should try to please others and create an at least decently programmed forum.
  • yeah the forum just sucks It's a pain in the ass to navigate and all but honeslty I don't see a quote button here either.
    I never said that Vanilla was the best forum software either.
  • Vanill has its perks but yeah it needs better software.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Well, to be fair, it's pretty bare-bones.

And remember to input your suggestions into the suggestions thread.
  • I forgot about that thing. yeah wha tis eddies beaf with a quote button works great on the Nexus.
  • edited 2011-08-11 19:54:06
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    He thinks it would mostly be used to cherry-pick the worst argument of a set and only address it, as far as I can tell.

Admittedly, that does happen, but it's no reason to omit the feature.