If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Knowing that at one point, Malcolm X used phrases like "Show me some skin, Daddy-o!"

edited 2011-08-10 22:58:18 in General
Has friends besides tanks now
It's really weird trying to imagine this guy as a hipster (1940's version). Criminal turned repentant I can see, but seriously, "Daddy-o"?

I don't know much else about him except his infamous political viewpoint, since I'm only on page 84 of his autobiography (which I'm only reading due to AP Lit), though.

Comments

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I remember he expressed shame at the "I don't know nuthin' 'bout birthin' no babies!" part of Gone With the Wind. I also read a very interesting piece in the NYT about how much of his autobiography was made up (for example, he was likely gay for a short while, and he greatly exaggerated his criminal record).
  • edited 2011-08-10 23:14:50
    Has friends besides tanks now
    I read that part, too. And I'd read up on the autobiography and noted that there was a bit of a power struggle between him and Alex Haley when writing, so I can see how the facts might have been muddled up.
    Alex Haley

Must... resist... urge... to post... "Yonkers" video...
  • > for example, he was likely gay for a short while

That is... not how orientation works.
    You know what I mean.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Some people can be confused though.