If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Mojang possibly being sued by Bethseda concerning their game "Scrolls".

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    This reminds me of that stupid Edge guy.
  • It should, considering he's mentioned in the article...

But anyway, yeah, hopefully this isn't Bethesda trying to own the rights to common words, and that there's some other explanation for it.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Oh, I didn't read the whole thing. Just kinda skimmed it.
  • edited 2011-08-05 16:27:55
    To be or not to be? That is the question.
    Uh... This is stupid. There are games that have "Scrolls" on the title long before The Elder Scrolls!
  • This is stupid that's all I can say. I mean Disney level stupid. and I mean Disney under Wuncler Eisner.
  • Glaives are better.
    I'm with Notch on this one. I think it's more an issue of Bethesda's lawyers going all gung-ho. I doubt that Todd Howard took a look at Notch and said, "Hey, this guy is stealing my shit!"
  • Nothing more frustrating then a hot blooded lawyer. Great now i'm imagining Anime Tenchou, Kamina, and BRIAN BLESSED as Lawyers.
  • Glaives are better.

Brian Blessed... as a lawyer?

WHY IS THE MONEY FLYING OUT OF MY POCKETS

• Name one Type of game BRIAN BLESSED shouldn't be in.

Also notch should change its name to "Falldagger", "Evanesence" or "Horizon's Edge".
  • Glaives are better.

Uh... um... A farm simulator?

No. Stupid. He'd be perfect for the cows.

• Bethesda will lose.  It has been tried and failed in the past.  Scrolls is a common word used in various ways.  They can not claim sole owner ship over it. 
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington

@Forzare

I think that guy might sue me one day.

• edited 2011-08-12 12:06:08
    @Tuef

That didn't stop FOX.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Note that it's not technically Bethesda themselves doing the suing. It's Zenimax Media. From what I've heard, a lot of people at Bethesda think this is all pretty dumb.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Who's Zenimax Media?  An overarching media company that owns Bethesda that is attempting to enforce IP rights?
  • edited 2011-08-12 12:34:19
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Something like that, probably.

EDIT: Wikipedia says they acquired Bethesda in 1999.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    "That would explain things. [laugh track]"