If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJAM: the Arab Spring is teaching the rest of us a lot of geography

edited 2011-07-25 20:33:47 in Meatspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
Have you ever heard of Zliten, Garyan, Brega, Ras Lanuf, Az Zintan, Zawiyah, Misrata, or even Benghazi before all this stuff?

How about Homs, Deraa, or Hama?

Comments

• Woki mit deim Popo.
    I learned much of my European geography due to watching the Eurovision Song Contest.  I mean if I want to mock a European country with a crappy act, I might as well figure out where the hell said crappy act comes from.
  • Misrata's in Tunisia ,right? And Benghazi is in Lybia ( or Lebanon, i'm not sure. Maybe both. Both have a Tripoli). Homs is in Syria, right?

The sad thing is I learned all of these from video games.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ...how did you learn all these from video games?

Misrata and Benghazi are in Libya.  Homs is in Syria.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    So that's where he's been hiding all this time! I had almost certainly known that he hadn't truly died from his fall off the Reichenbach Falls. Come, men, and soon we can kill him once and for all, and make my criminal empire the greatest in all the continent!