If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

How variable the word friend is

edited 2011-07-25 12:30:25 in Meatspace
Cue-bey
I've met people who call anyone they've shook hands with and been introduced to a friend, as well as people who wouldn't call you a friend unless you helped them hide a body with no questions asked on at least two separate occasions. These people are not talking about the same thing.

Comments

• First case talks about acquaintances.

Second case talks about siblings.

• edited 2011-07-25 14:12:27
    No rainbow star
    I know what you mean

...Friend

• ~♥YES♥~! I *AM* a ~♥cupcake♥~! ^_^
    WE ARE ALL FRIENDS HERE.

In other news, I have never had a bad friend. My crowd is always the OK one.

• This is part of why I don't call anyone my "friend" unless I know they consider me their friend as well.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    inb4 "friends", "friends list", "friending" in the context of facebook

inb4 "befriending" in the context of nanoha
  • You can change. You can.
    Friend, to me, is someone who I completely trust.

As there''s no such thing for me, therefore, I have no friends. That doesn't mean I don't like hanging out with people, having fun, etc etc. I just wouldn't call the "guys" friends.