If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

People apparently do this.

edited 2011-07-24 11:02:42 in General
Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
There's being being a weaboo, and then there's doing this:

WHY?!

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Depends how seriously you take it. 

It's pretty creative and I can see the fun in it. 
  • It's amusing, to me. I don't think they're doing it took look moë, exactly.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    At least this girl painted her eyelids. The ones done in photoshop look even freakier
  • I was wondering if this was a mask or photoshop until I looked at the corners of her (real) eyes and saw they were closed.  But this is serious Uncanny Valley for me.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭

• im scared
  • Well, yeah. Anime characters don't look like human beings to begin with. Of course it's going to be uncanny if people try to look like them.
  • So what is it about their bodily features that entices people to FUCK the SHIT out of them when animated, but not in real life?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    ^

Because on paper and in anime the humanistic features required for general human function don't exist, but when translated into real life it looks very eerie and unfuckable on some standards because the size of eyes, eyelashes, necks, legs, body shapes, arms, the length and style of hair, the receding of noses and lips/teeth, the positioning of ears and shoulders, and shapes of legs and hands.
  • edited 2011-07-24 15:50:19
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ That they're not as unattractive as the people in real life who do it helps, plus the fact that huge eyes actually somehow don't look as unnatural on them as they do on real people. Probably helps that the eyes, assuming the anime girl is well-drawn, aren't misplaced like you'll get when painting over the eyelids. And the real-life girls who did this aren't going to be able to use anything more natural than paint, and paint around the eyes isn't attractive.

And as for other features, all I can think of is that the boobs in anime kinda defy gravity anyway, and they aren't fake like the ones that you'll find on almost all of the women who are also that skinny.

Plus, what is it with the girls in those pictures and duckface? That's not going to help anything. :V
  • necks, legs, body shapes, arms, the length and style of hair, the receding of noses and lips/teeth, the positioning of ears and shoulders, and shapes of legs and hands.

I don't think those full body costumes look that weird, though.

Also such features are designed to be drawn, trying to emulate it seriously should produce results like this instead:

• Well, not as weird.
  • If that's supposed to be a response to me, yeah, not as weird as the stuff shown in the OP.
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-07-24 13:32:30
    Mmhmm, yeah.

Although, you know (general you), even emulating any type of animation is going to look very very creepy.
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    Because on paper and in anime the humanistic features required for general human function don't exist, but when translated into real life it looks very eerie and unfuckable...

Then how do you explain the body pillows?
  • Because pictures on body pillows aren't real people?
  • ^, ^^Also, a body pillow isn't a true 3D image, it's two 2D images projected onto a 3D object.
  • They're somethin' else.
    THEY'RE RAPING MY SOUL
  • edited 2011-07-24 14:06:56
    Well yeah, that too.

EDIT: Ninja'd but... I guess my post is applicable to the ninja post too... >.>
  • Clean your room little Billy
    There's a kind of moth out there with wing patterns that resemble large eyes, so predators think the moth is always watching them. That's what this reminds me of.
  • No rainbow star
    "^^ That they're not as unattractive as the people in real life who do it helps, plus the fact that huge eyes actually somehow don't look as unnatural on them as they do on real people. Probably helps that the eyes, assuming the anime girl is well-drawn, aren't misplaced like you'll get when painting over the eyelids. And the real-life girls who did this aren't going to be able to use anything more natural than paint, and pain around the eyes isn't attractive."

"And the real-life girls who did this aren't going to be able to use anything more natural than paint, and pain around the eyes isn't attractive."

"and pain around the eyes isn't attractive."

Well I would HOPE pain around the eyes doesn't look natural
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    >.<
  • No rainbow star
    :3
  • Glaives are better.
    This is what anime does to you.
  • No rainbow star
    Anime - One hell of a drug
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Everything with an anime style not on 2D looks creepy as hell to me, whether if it's on real life or just 3D animation,and I don't know why
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Uncanny valley?
  • Even 3-d stuff, like in video games?