If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Comments

• "I liked these things.  Confused Matthew told me I shouldn't like them, citing reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with the quality of a work of fiction.  This is why he is a good reviewer."

That's basically what I got out of that review.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I'm calling Poe's Law.
  • edited 2011-07-23 21:05:44
    "The quality of a film depends entirely on whether it's accurate and logically consistent."

That's basically what I got out of that review.
  • Glaives are better.

> TV Tropes

Well there's your problem right there.

• ^^ Well... yeah, that's what I meant with "reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with the quality of a work of fiction".
  • edited 2011-07-23 20:59:48
    ^^

• He does have a shadow of a legitimate argument when he says that a reviewer should make you think harder about something. But that's about it.
  • edited 2011-07-23 21:07:11
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    "A critic I like criticized, now I don't like it anymore because said critic said it sucked."

Was basically what I got from that review.
  • edited 2011-07-23 21:10:29
    IJBM: "Confused Matthew is good/worth listening to because he's controversial, or because he has a different point of view".

Seriously, all these reviews ever talk about is "he makes people mad, that's badass" or "he has a different point of view - stop oppressing him" or "he's expressing his opinion - the fact that you disagree means he's correct".
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Also, he used the word "sheep" to refer to the average viewer without irony. Hell, I wish I had a Heresy Stamp variant with the word "pretentious" on it.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Sometimes, I actually look up at him as a super critic, a critic who
    has surpassed all other critics like Roger Ebert in regards to reviews.
    Sometimes I feel Roger Ebert, is indeed, actually a sell out with biases himself.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH WOW
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >It's just that people are one day going to realize that they don't know
    what is "good" anymore. Either that, or they buy into the opinions of
    all the critics who have sold out thanks to the invisible hands of the
    lulzkilling anti-lulz Furluminatti shadow cabal!

http://troll.me/images/futurama-fry/not-sure-if-troll-or-just-stupid.jpg.pagespeed.ce.srzHfY_Vc0.jpg">
  • edited 2011-07-23 21:26:51
    Ironically, Maddox loved Spirited Away. Must have been because it was
    anime. Funny how some anime fans are as biased as the people they claim
    to be biased.

Liking Spirited Away means you're just a biased anime fan?

You can strip away all these elements that are just bought with money

As opposed to all those other elements of a movie that you get for free?

• This is a man who thinks good acting is a form of audience pandering.
  • a little muffled
    @OP's link: Incredibly obvious troll is incredibly obvious.
  • ....So rather than buying what the critics are telling me, I should buy what Confused Matthew is telling me,

...okay...