If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Serbian Schools

edited 2012-02-28 19:16:16 in IJAM
if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

The total anarchy is what makes the school experience absolutely awesome.

My average day:

- Arrive at school early in the morning. Watch some eyecandy street art in the schoolyard:

- Everybody's dead tired because we were partying/drinking/on the internet last night, so we sleep for the first two classes. Nobody cares.

- We laugh at the, slightly out-there, flamboyant philosophy teacher while she talks about THE GREAT CARTEEESIUS!

- She got us energized, so we gang up on a sheltered kid that looks, acts and talks like Scout from TF2 and beat him up. Everybody laughs, including him.

- Serbian lit class. The teacher's a cynical intellectual disillusioned with everything, which means she doesn't give a fuck. Instead, we chat to her about how she raises her kid, politics, history, hip-hop, ex-Yugoslavian alternative avantguarde progressive ska-rock, sport betting, video games and anime.

- The talking gets us tired, so we beat up the resident hipster because he wears scarves, has funny hair and girls love him. Everybody laughs, ESPECIALLY him.

- Shit, we have a test. How 'bout collectively running from class and returning 45 minutes afterwards?

- The hipster guy continues to poke us, because he's a masochist or something. The blatantly obvious closeted gay slams him on the desk and does something resembling doggy-style. We all laugh some more. Then we shout nonsense for no real reason.

- Boooring.

- Oh, look, she brought beer! Yay, there's weed, too.

- Zzzzzz.

- Go back home. Repeat tomorrow.

Sometimes, students arrive in the classroom on motorbikes.

And toss desks out of windows.

Or propose to their teachers.

And sometimes they threaten them with an axe.

And the best thing is when, unlike what goes on in my class on a daily basis, the fights get serious... and fucking epic.

Comments

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

>CTRL+F "learning"

>0 results

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I am stuck in Poe's Room of Confusion, wondering where the line is.

Okay, rather clearly, the axe video is in jest.

That said, I'm now interested in seeing an school slice-of-life animé...in a school like the one you just portrayed.

• This sounds like what would happen if South Park was set in a high-school. In Serbia.

• Has friends besides tanks now

so we beat up the resident hipster

I like where this is going so far.

because he wears scarves,

:<

has funny hair

:<

and girls love him.

Ah. Carry on.

Everybody laughs, ESPECIALLY him.

Well, that's good. But when you said beating him up, what degree of "beating him up" is that? O_O;

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Oh, well... usually nothing worse than this (he's the guy in the light blue T-shirt that gets slammed across half the classroom at the end of the video):

That is, we never go stronger than that, though the factor of quantity when we gang up doesn't go in his service. Regardless, it's always pretty obviously in good humor.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Okay.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I feel challenged. We've had that treatment of a teacher:

And the refined sense of humour:

And the games like "the Grenade" (a game in which everyone has a grenade point, and when he shouts "grenade!"/"a bomb!" every other player has to drop to the ground) or "the Mushroom" (players gain points by doing a squat in weird places):

But I can't beat the kung-fu fighting.

• edited 2012-04-25 16:16:43

Art class - we get on the computer and draw caricatures of each others in MS Paint.

Caricatures

• Back in Black

Well at least there's one school system out there worse than the American one...

• You can change. You can.

High schools being lazy as fuck is nothing new, dude

• Back in Black

High schools being lazy as fuck is nothing new, dude

I should point out that this being the immediate reaction to "our schools suck" is in fact a much more concerning part of the problem.  The mere existence of the Finland education system proves that it isn't "just supposed to be like that." 

I suppose it's still amusing, however.  Especially motorbike boy... XD

• You can change. You can.

I never said "suck". I said "lazy". But yeah, current educational systems around the world, from what I've heard from other people, are too based around students beating an state exam rather than, you know, teaching something meaningful to their students. 

The fact that my grades fucking sucked and I still got a pass precisely because my state exam grade was high should tell ya something.

@Irdgck: What is that, a dead fish they're dumping into through the window?

• I heard Serbia.

Means it's cool! :D

• Back in Black

I never said "suck". I said "lazy". But yeah, current educational systems around the world, from what I've heard from other people, are too based around students beating an state exam rather than, you know, teaching something meaningful to their students. 

The fact that my grades fucking sucked and I still got a pass precisely because my state exam grade was high should tell ya something.

My grades are in the shitter too, but I'm basically guaranteed a college degree through a combination of easily blowing the ACT away and going through ROTC. 

• edited 2012-04-25 17:06:12

The main problem with the Serbian education system comes from the attempts at reconciling a pitifully small education budget with progresive education policies.

For example, if a student acts like a total dick, the teacher isn't allowed to kick them out of the class or decrease their grades because of it (they can only ask the higher school authorities for decreasing the behavior grade of said student, and that grade is usually reset to the highest at the end of the year), and a student cannot be expelled from school unless his parents comply (which never happens). That only lets students do anything they want without any fear of penalties. For example, I have a classmate who is extremely intelligent and a terrific student, but still acts like a total smug dick towards the teachers and uses them as his chewing toy since he knows that they can't touch him. He's still one of the best students in school.

Also, inclusion of disabled children has begun a couple of years ago, which would all be great if the schools had enough funds to accomplish everything. My mother is a schoolteacher, and she says that, despite all her good wishes, she can't manage to simultaneously teach mentally challenged kids and the rest of the class if the class size is larger than 30 students, the school budget is pitiful and she gets a monthly salary equivalent to 600 dollars.