If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Longest Time by Billy Joel

edited 2012-02-26 17:38:39 in General

It's the Billy Joel song I absolutely cannot stand, but it's the only one people who hate Billy Joel seem to like. http://www.slate.com/articles/life/the_spectator/2009/01/the_worst_pop_singer_ever.html?wpisrc=obinsite

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I like The Longest Time, but to call Billy Joel the worst pop singer ever is an insane hyperbole, especially with the presence of... half of pop music, basically.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Ok, I just finished that article and all it left me with was a desire to listen to Billy Joel.

Call it being contrarian but half the time I was looking and thinking 'Oh man I dig that song.'

• Wasn't "She's Always a Woman" a song about Joel's wife?

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

I only really like "Piano Man." 

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

I've only listened to "Piano Man".

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

My parents were Billy Joel freaks, so that may have something to do with it. I may have just become worn down by his other work. Though oddly enough, this never happened to me with Bruce Springsteen.