If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

That discussion of pedophilia is frowned upon on TVT

2»

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I imagine this won't win me any favors but so long as she notes it and doesn't intend or show any signs of acting on it I don't think there's any true cause for concern.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> I mean that she's in a relationship with me, but admits attraction to younger men. I guess it's ephebophilia, then. She's not a pervert though, and only gropes me and, jokingly, women her age.

If you call it ephebophilia, does that mean her attraction is to teens?

...which, in most cases, is actually biologically justified, as in modern society, thanks to good nutrition, people hit puberty in their early teens and become physically sexually mature.  Which means that it makes sense to find such people attractive.

(Acting on that attraction is another matter, mind you.)

> Yep. It's pedophilia only if you still aren't a teenager. If you are, it's ephebophilia.

Where did this definition come from?

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

> Yep. It's pedophilia only if you still aren't a teenager. If you are, it's ephebophilia.

Rephrased: Pedophilia is attraction to prepubescent children, ephebophilia is attraction to teenagers.

• And while we're at it, hebephilia is the sexual attraction to early pubescent children.

Which, unlike ephebophilia, is a subtype of pedophilia.

• Champion of the Whales

Paedophilia in the UK is defined as having sex with anyone under the age of 16

• ^ Is there an official British definition of paedophilia, apart from the medical ones mentioned above, which are international? Paedophilia is a medical term, not a legal one.

Sex with someone under 16 in the UK is certainly defined as illegal.  

Here it varies from state-to-state. In Mississippi I think it's as low as 13 whereas the highest is 18.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I think it's 16 in most states.

Mississippi I think it's as low as 13

what the shit really
  • Champion of the Whales

Is there an official British definition of paedophilia, apart from the medical ones mentioned above, which are international? Paedophilia is a medical term, not a legal one.

Well I know some dude who got the same punishment as a paedophilia for sleeping with his 15 yr old gf so I assume so

Hmmm, ok no I was wrong. It used to be but there was a federal mandate for 16. 

If you ask me, 16 is probably the best number. There's no way to be certain that everybody at that age wouldn't be taken advantage of, but the same could be said if we made the AoC 40.

The AoC is 14 in Serbia.

• edited 2012-02-25 15:51:01

Well I know some dude who got the same punishment as a paedophilia for sleeping with his 15 yr old gf so I assume so

That's not what he meant (I think).  The idea is that "pedophilia" specifically refers to a mental disorder, not usually to a crime.  The crime of having sex with a minor is generally something like "corruption of a minor" or "statutory rape" or something else.  Unless UK law has a particular definition of its own for pedophilia.

• ^ Yeah, that's it. I think the offence is called "unlawful sexual intercourse with a person under 16" and then there's a separate offence for sex with a person under 13.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Rephrased: Pedophilia is attraction to prepubescent children, ephebophilia is attraction to teenagers.

Oh, I thought the "you" referred to the person with the attraction, not the target of that attraction.

Yes, I was directly referring to the OP.