If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Watching "What Would You Do" on ABC right now

edited 2012-02-24 21:01:44 in General
I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Basic premise of this show is they take a scenario, film two different versions of it, and see how people react. For example, hiring actors to pretend to be a fighting couple, but for one they have the man get physical and for another they have the woman get physical. Basically your average "Nothing else on TV tonight" show.

Right now, they have a scenario where they have two different women attempt to take many samples from a tray. One is a fancy-looking woman with a nice purse, and the other is dressed more modestly and has a sympathetic backstory about how she's just barely scraping by. And they film people's reactions to the two different women taking the samples. Obviously, people are more willing to let the woman get away with it when she's the poorer one.

And apparently this is a bad thing because we're allowed to ignore the fact that of course people will let a poor woman steal food and not a rich woman because the rich one can afford it. Seriously, the lesson we're expecte to gleam from this show is "Hahaha, fuck those greedy poors, trying to eat "

Comments

• Was it cake? Or brioche?

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Brioche I think

• Well that would be hilariously ironic.