If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Lorax promotes cars

MrWMrW
edited 2012-02-24 13:52:07 in General

I can't really believe no one realized the horrible irony when they came up with this.

Comments

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Given that they're specifically promoting the car's eco-friendlines, they probably did.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    The trailer for that movie was a punch to the soul.
  • I thought it looked good.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I thought it looked like it could be amusing, but I'd never heard of it before the movie.
  • They probably did. Ever hear of greenwashing?

• I thought it looked like it could be amusing, but I'd never heard of it before the movie.

That surprises me, for some reason. The Lorax was always my favorite Dr. Seuss book as a kid.

• I only really read Green Eggs & Ham, The Grinch and the Cat in the Hat as a kid.

I heard about the Lorax movie once, then it kind of disappeared. That's what happens when I don't follow movies much.

• I remember watching the Lorax cartoon as a kid.

• I don't know I ever read the Lorax, but making Dr. Seuss books into two-hour movies seems like a really shitty idea.

• ^ That didn't stop anybody the last three times...

• edited 2012-02-24 22:22:45
    (void)

It should have.  And that's one of the reasons why it's a shitty idea.  It flopped the last few times.

• No rainbow star

^^^ Are you including the Grinch in that?

Because I thought that the Grinch was done well :D

• It certainly performed well, at least.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Removing the sense of tragedy from the Lorax undermines the story's whole point.

• edited 2012-02-25 04:53:58

Forzare grew up floating in outer space. I can't think of anywhere else you could spend your childhood without having heard of the Lorax.

• But you never had any to begin with.
    Lorax?
  • ^^ The UK. I've never heard of the Lorax.

Dr Seuss generally was not as big a deal over here as he was in the States, at least when I was a kid. I'm not sure I've ever read any of his books. 

• But you never had any to begin with.

Only Seuss book I ever read was Green Eggs and Ham.

• No rainbow star
    Scythe: I only learned of the Lorax a year or two before