If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Old People and Computers

edited 2012-02-24 11:20:59 in General
No rainbow star
At first I thought my grandmother was talking about Spybot Search and Destroy

Then I heard about the slowdown on a perfectly good computer

Dear lord. She had installed one of those, "You may have a virus! Install me so I can spy on your habits!" 'virus' scanners. And all the toolbars in IE (I won't even try to pry her away from that)

I may not be the best at computers and likely have a few viruses on mine. But dear lord there's a point where it gets too much >.<

And she's a better user than my mom (although that isn't my mom's fault - she's using a laptop as old as XP itself because my dad refuses to get her a new one. My mom is intimidated by computers so it isn't pretty, and that laptop is so riddled with crap that I'd rather burn it after a priest has cast the demons in it back to cyber hell)

At least my grandmother still has Avast! installed

Comments

• My mother is the same way, and my grandmother is even worse.  Doesn't help that she's using a computer so old the updates and antivirus alone have very nearly filled the hard drive.