If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Imperial Measurements

2»

Comments

• There is one benefit of Fahrenheit, though: the closer digits means that a thermostat that only adjusts by single degrees for interface reasons will be twice as accurate in Fahrenheit.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

All I can think is "It doesn't even make sense to have water freeze at 32 degrees :|"

And water boils at 100. Perfect round numbers.

• On the other hand, they're perfect round numbers for something completely arbitrary.  It's very rare that I have to know how warm something is in relation to the freezing and boiling points of water, so the fact that the Celcius scale has those as 0 and 100 degrees doesn't really mean a whole lot.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

As opposed to Farenheit's relevance, I guess?

• "It's very rare that I have to know how warm something is in relation to the freezing and boiling points of water"

Precipitation?

The punchline is that 0 F was set at brine freezing. 

• a little muffled

0° F was set with the intent of making the use of negative numbers as rare as possible (though surely we'd all use kelvins if that was so desirable).

Having the freezing point of water be a convenient number is a quite reasonable thing if you live in a temperate climate.

• Clearly, we should all use Kelvin or Rankine so that we never have to use negative numbers.

• No rainbow star

Kelvin is fun :D