If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Beef jerky is so expensive

edited 2012-02-23 14:02:35 in Meatspace
Has friends besides tanks now
It's kind of depressing.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I've never had it >.>
  • Wow.

This thread is now about INUH going to the store, buying beef jerky, and telling us his thoughts about it.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Nor have I. Then again, it's not really much of a thing around here. Maybe I'll pick some up next time I'm in town.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Well, I don't eat much beef in general, and it doesn't look especially great :/

• It always looked a bit like strips of leather to me, on the rare occasions I have seen it for sale. I can't quite see why you'd eat it if you weren't a Native American from back in history. They didn't have a lot of scope for preserving food.

• But you never had any to begin with.

I've mostly seen it in supermarkets. I know my dad eats it, but he also eats ox tongues, so...

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Biltong is by far superior.

• edited 2012-02-23 15:53:25
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Beef jerky is awesome, and good jerky is surprisingly tender. Though turkey jerky is all around better.

• No rainbow star
    How have people here not tried jerky!?

...Ok, the salt content is probably a good reason but still!
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I've never had beef jerky, though I did manage to dehydrate myself once on deer jerky my friend made.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Deer jerky... Mmm...
  • Beef jerky is pretty good.

• edited 2012-03-05 14:44:38
    Has friends besides tanks now

>get jumbo bag of teriyaki beef jerky
    >sooo gooood
    >NET WT 6.2 OZ
    >jumbo my ass, lying liars. Gimme 20 ounces and we'll talk jumbo

To be fair, there's actually a good amount of jerky.