If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Oxen and the Wheels

edited 2012-02-22 21:48:49 in General

I've always found this fable interesting because it's quite a paradox that those who complain most suffer least (and of course it applies to everyone from high schoolers to liberal activists). I know that the difference between miserable catharsis and spoiled whining is a matter of experience and perspective, but it's odd that the ones who deserve to complain more don't. It's also a fine line: at what point does angst become justified or unjustified?

In any case, it's the effect that makes teenager-adult relationships in fiction such as The Joy Luck Club so interesting. 

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

it's odd that the ones who deserve to complain more don't

Not really. If life always sucks, you wouldn't complain about it every second of every day. But if life is usually awesome and suddenly sucks for a bit, it's a surprise, thus complaining.

• Well, that explains the typical men's rights activist.

• Also explains current-day Transformers fandom.