If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Why beta males are homophiles"

2»

Comments

• edited 2012-02-20 17:14:31
    Diet NEET

Okay, then perhaps it could be reflected by tight but thin equipment and armor that hides the contours.

What a sad tangent to an otherwise funny thread I have created.

• "The beta male is a homophile--as contrasted with the false word "homophobe", which is meant to stigmatize the disgust which people have for homosexual activity. Like the 70s feminists who in theory wanted to be lesbians, the average beta will not act out on his homophilia (although one senses he is ready to be pushed in that direction), unless of course he is English"

I am loving this completely unexpected jab at the British out of nowhere.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Okay, now I know they're full of shit.  They're even insulting Britons.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Here's my thoughts on females in nerd culture.

We need more sexualization of men and less objectification of women without objectifying men or decreasing the sexualization of women. 

Admittedly, this is the perspective of a dude who spent the last three days playing UMVC3 with Morrigan in his main team and buying the DLC of the hot blonde but not the Robert E. Howard reference but I think that problem in nerd culture isn't so much being sexy as it is being sexy specifically to the viewer. 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

So basically, nerd culture is like Hollywood, minus the female fanbase to justify lots of hot guys.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Well, we've got hot guys... like.... Dante from Devil May Cry... and, uh... Sasuke from Naruto? Yeah. You hit upon my point.

Actually, for all my snark Dante is a good example of a character that can be both sexualized and stil traditionally powerful in a masculine way as his many male and female fans are tribute to.

It's funny in comic fandom how much howling there was to Supergirl wearing biker shorts but nary a complaint towards Namor gaining a proper pair of pants.

• edited 2012-02-21 02:02:09

EDIT: Never mind.

• ^^ Define "howling".

(I'm sorry.)
  • You can change. You can.

What we call, "complaining"

• "Yes we are being feminized, it starts young and continues throughout life...there are now enough upper middle class women running around loose convinced they have every right to tell everyone to stop doing anything they don't approve of (this is the female version of morality--it's not real morality because they give themselves total license)...I want to develop a theory that ties together feminism, the managerial revolution, consumerism, amoral atheists, all those Jews who write for Slate, and a few other odds and ends...mostly because I hate those things so much...but the truth is probably simple, we're a nation of assholes."

• edited 2012-02-21 09:29:37

"There are now enough upper middle class women running around loose convinced they have every right to tell everyone to stop doing anything they don't approve of"

Has it ever actually occurred to any to any of these people that not doing something that offends an entire gender is common courtesy? While there are no doubt a few ultra-feminists who take the approach mentioned here, they're in the minority. Women mainly still get pissed at sexism because it still exists.

We still see things like judges placing blame on female rape victims for "encouraging" the act in the first place. Until that sort of shit stops, I don't think anyone has any right to complain about the feminist movement.

• No rainbow star

^ But Feminism raped my dad and threw my dog off a cliff! Then it took a mace and caved my head in! D: