If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Not knowing Java...

edited 2012-02-19 14:50:32 in General

...and having a Minecraft mod you'd like to modify a bit:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/361430-11smp-smart-moving/

:/

Comments

• At least it's not as bad as not knowing some version of C. Every computer job has that as a requirement.

• Hell, I don't know coding period.

• Nothing wrong with that.

• No rainbow star
    ACAD offers some programming classes for those trying to get into gaming

I'll need to take one as apparently the gaming industry isn't kind to artists, so the more programming one knows, the less likely they are to be chewed up and spat out
  • BeeBee
    edited 2012-02-19 17:53:06

At the very least, having the background means you'll understand the kind of constraints our end runs on when you do art, and that's something employers will notice on your resume.  One of the problems with artists in the industry is that they often tend toward render-farm instead of runtime.

• edited 2012-03-19 02:42:12
    My arms are falling off!

San Jose State University's Computer Science department teaches in Java. It's to the point where we had an "Advanced C++ programming" class that went untaught for ten years, until this semester.

There are a few classes taught in C/C++, one now-defunct class in C#, one taught in Scheme, and two that allowed multiple languages. Other than that, expect to see "public class". A lot.