If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"IIIIIEEEEAAIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUUUUUUWEEEEOEOWWEAOOO"

2»

Comments

• > it bothers me when someone like Steve Jobs is deified even by the people who were criticizing him harshly the day before.

Example?
  • It'll be hard to find examples, since most of them would be on Hacker News, which is impossible to archive-trawl.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-02-15 22:32:10

And now they're reporting on the Glee tribute...which consists of playing the cover of that song over and over alongside the original one over and over.

I mean fuck, at this point I'd even take Queen of the Night over this.

• Not owning a TV or a radio I hadn't heard this song in years, but it was actually impossible to read this thread title without hearing it sung and now it's stuck in my head every time I see the post.

CURSE YOU.

• That Hitler painting isn't too bad. I'm surprised he failed to get into art school (which he did). The history of the world might have been much better.

Winston Churchill also used to paint, and for that matter disliked modern art almost as much as Hitler did. He once expressed a desire to kick Pablo Picasso's behind.

No word on paintings by Roosevelt or Joseph Stalin, though.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I do my best to maintain both basic respect for other humans and consistency between what I say before and after they die.

• You can change. You can.

If Hitler turned into an artist instead of a dictator, I'm fairly sure he'd be like the H.P Lovecraft of paintings.

• ^ Now you mention it, I remember reading in a biography of Stalin that he liked to doodle wolves whilst talking. So I'm not totally surprised to hear that.

• Political figures usually have some sort of unexpected creative side to them.  A few years before his presidency, James Garfield passed the time during a congressional meeting by discovering a new proof for the Pythagorean Theorem.

Granted a mildly derivative one, but still, to our knowledge nobody did it with a trapezoid before.

• So it came on again and I jumped to Youtube and blasted "Didn't We Almost Have It All" over the top of it.  My dad didn't recognize it.

ARRRRRUGH.

• edited 2012-02-19 10:42:54

wrong thread