If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Locking threads

edited 2012-02-13 02:21:51 in Wonderful posts
No rainbow star

This is such a stupid thing to do! Why even bother!?

I mean, come on, my lockpicking skill is at 100 and I have all the perks for it! I could unlock any of these threads without an issue >.>

Comments

• edited 2012-02-13 02:24:35
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Because I can't think of a reason for the threads to even stick around.

• It's only a non-issue if you have the Skeleton Key and thus no risk of breaking your lockpicks.

• No rainbow star

^ Or have the unbreakable pick perk

Like I said, all the perks

• You don't need every lockpicking perk, least of all the last one at the very top. I just did a beeline for the Unbreakable perk.

• Oh. I never leveled up lockpicking :V

Too busy getting perks that turned me into a walking apocalypse of swords.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Everyone knows the best perks are the ones that let you turn someone into a pyre at 1000 paces.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

> all three bladesman perks
    > all five one-handed damage upgrade perks
    > massive critical hits all the fucking time
    > no magicka cost whatsoever

It's kind of ridiculous that I can walk up to a dragon and basically just sword it to death.  

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Most Dragon fights at higher levels basically amount to surviving until a Dragon lands and then ripping it to shreds.

Why wait till it lands? :P

• edited 2012-02-13 14:40:54
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^Unless you've gotten to a certain point in the main quest, in which case the first step's unnecessary.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

>Implying that I don't put off the main quests in Bethesda games as long as possible.

• I've only had two problems with dragons not landing: whenever I fight the first one, and once with that fucker in the middle of the Volcanic Tundra who kept owning me.

By the time I had reached 81 on my previous playthrough, I was functionally immortal normally and literally immortal whenever I put my shield up.

• No rainbow star
    I remember that there is a mod that adds monsters which require you to have a minimum level of 50 to take, and a mod that makes the game even more difficult than master does

Combining those two mods seems like a good way to remove immortality
  • edited 2012-02-13 15:30:33

>Implying I think immortality is bad.

On the contrary, I think it's a rather fitting reward.

Where's the fun in immortality?

• The fact that I can already kill anything that moves without any trouble by the point I can have it?

It's fun running around with your shield raised and bashing NPCs around as well

-wistful sigh-

I look forward to when I reach level 81 again.

• Champion of the Whales

I have a feeling that I must get this Skyrim game at some point

• Sometimes my game fucks up and the dragons don't land even after being hit with Dragonrend.

I really, really hate those times.

• edited 2012-02-14 22:01:36
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^It's a terrain thing. If there's no stretch of land big enough for a dragon to land, then it'll stay up.

• which is stupid, they shouldn't land, they should plummet to earth because they're being mindfucked

bawww

• Why am I reminded of that one Dragon that always randomly nosedives and slides up a hill/clips through a bunch of rocks?