If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Nicolas Cage

edited 2012-02-12 17:31:34 in IJAM
MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

He seems to have gone down the same path as people like Adam West and Bruce Campbell in that he's moving towards making a career out of simply being Nic Cage.

Now, I don't mind this. Cage is certainly charismatic and entertaining enough to keep that going. It's just that I don't know how it happened to him. The previously mentioned West and Campbell both had roles that 'locked' them (though you can argue whether it was Ash or Autolycus with Campbell) I don't think Cage had that happen to him.

Comments

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Nicolas Cage 

• You can change. You can.

Wait, have you never heard of Bad Lieutenant or something?

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^^Heard of it, haven't seen it. Maybe my timeline's off but I thought that was after Cage's... Caginess was widely apparent.

• You can change. You can.

IIRC, it was 2009-ish? I don't know. Most people think of Nic Cage cageyness right around that time, I think. 

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Come to think of it, I think The Wickerman owes more to that than Bad Lieutenant. Shame, because I've heard Bad Lieutenant is actually good.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.
    Bad Lieutenant and Wicker Man are both fantastic for opposite reasons.