If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Moe Stuff from Japan.

edited 2012-02-10 23:07:27 in IJAM

I think all that Japanese Moe stuff is awesome:

Bilingual Pun

Comments

• No rainbow star

I should have seen this coming

• So, what would Moe's moveset be?

• No rainbow star
    Leer, Glare, Attract (It would always fail however and in fact do damage), and Curse
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

What's his statspread?

• No rainbow star
    Base Stats

HP: 235 (To handle the damage all those stinging insults do)
    Attack: ? (I honestly have no idea if he's a competent fighter. It's been a while since I've watched The Simpsons)
    Defense: ? (See above)
    Sp Atk: 15 (He says mean stuff but it makes kids laugh)
    Sp Def: 145 (He's gotten used to the insults, but they can still sting at times)
    Speed: 1 (He never caught on to Bart's jokes, so I suspect that he may be slow)
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

He has a shotgun.

What's his ability?

• edited 2012-02-11 00:05:50
    No rainbow star
    50/50 chance of Intimidate (the face) and Oblivious (the phone calls)

Edit: And clearly the shotgun is a Moe exclusive item that acts as an extra intimidate
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Since this is moe stuff, wouldn't Mio count as a legendary?

• No rainbow star

...Moeltres?

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

• edited 2012-02-11 08:26:57

More like Moeloetta, I think.  Mostly since that seems to be a more appropriate Pokemon for Mio than a giant flaming bird.

• You can change. You can.

yes, moe is a name that appears in western cartoons as much as it appears in chinese cartoons, very funny. this is an incredible discovery that will surely change our lives and which we haven't seen before.

• "yes, moe is a name that appears in western cartoons as much as it appears in chinese cartoons, very funny. this is an incredible discovery that will surely change our lives and which we haven't seen before."

"Chinese cartoons"

Are you fucking kidding me.

oh god you seriously think i used chinese cartoons unironically don't you

• ^ Nah, I just like that image.

fair enough

• No rainbow star
    DYRE: I was going for pronounciation

Moeltres should sound pretty much the same as Moltres

Moeloetta does not sound too much like Meloetta
  • The poster contains the text 「萌え war」 and we were talking about Mio Akiyama so moe is 萌え pronounced like 'mo-eh', and so doesn't sound anything like the first part of Moltres, but does end with the same vowel sound as the "me" in "Meloetta."

Or something. 

• No rainbow star
    Wow I must have mixed something up then

Could have sworn an oe combination in Japanese led to it sounding almost like a single vowel like how ai do

Or maybe I'm remembering that right and not remembering the duration of the second vowel
  • Wait - no-one's mentioned Moe from the Three Stooges yet!