If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The dishonesty of pro-life advocates in opposing contraception

edited 2012-02-04 18:27:12 in Politics
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I can understand your opposition to abortion.  Abortion actually kills a zygote/fetus.

I cannot understand your opposition to contraception.  In contraception, there is no zygote/fetus to kill.  If you're going to argue "it would have happened", well, there's a darn lot of other things that "would have happened" if not for the intervention of people in...pretty much everything we do.

Well, I can understand it, but it requires that I make another assumption: that you are pro-sexual-discipline.  If you don't want people to have sex for pleasure, but only for reproduction, then suddenly, your position makes complete sense.

Why don't you claim that position honestly, rather than tying opposition to contraception with being pro-life?

Comments

• Even more amusing is when "pro-lifers" are warhawks that support capital punishment and not universal healthcare.

• Glaives are better.

Yeah, I hate anti-contraceptive people. Abortion's one thing, but condoms are very different. 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^^ I will give a certain old friend of mine credit, for his being consistently pro-life.  He is both anti-abortion and anti-war.

• The OP basically sums up why the official Catholic line is both anti-abortion and anti-contraception - the Vatican basically doesn't like sex outside marriage. To be fair, the Catholic Church in modern times has also tended to be anti-war or at  least to seek to avoid wars.

• I wish everyone in the world would keep getting abortions for years at a time broken up by periods where only some people are getting abortions.

Then there would be certain points in time where nobody on Earth is under seventeen.

It would be paradise.

• You can change. You can.

Hey, ever heard of Logan's Run?

• a little muffled

Well it seems like his idea is the anti-Logan's Run though.