If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

When you imagine scary things that are not there. No, they are not there. Shut up, imagination.

edited 2012-02-02 07:56:39 in Meatspace
One foot in front of the other, every day.

So I was having a cigarette on my balcony in the middle of the night when I begin to hear a slapping sound, like leather against wood. Probably the dude next door cleaning his shoes or something.

But I could not shake the thought of something giving me mocking applause. Some grey-skinned, bulbous-eyed simian thing with elonged, slow arms and a grin full of needle teeth, sitting on its haunches like an ape.

Stop it at once, imagination. I shan't be having any more of this.

Comments

• I thought we had this thread a few months ago.

I think it was yours, too.

• edited 2012-02-02 08:14:02
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

You're probably right.

Fear cuts deeper than swords, I suppose.

• That's a weird way of conceptualizing things, but I guess more people die from fear-induced medical problems than from sword wounds nowadays.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

/ASongOfIceAndFire

• Okay, I never read the series, so I figured you were waxing poetic.

• edited 2012-02-04 14:37:53

Right around the next corner will be a tremendous, white face filling the room or hall, without eyelids or a nose, its mouth a gaping black abyss as it stares in silent horror.

On the other side of the lowest floor in your home, thousands of faces identical to yours grow like mold and silently scream into the earth.

inside the toilet is a tiny baby head on a neck that goes all the way to your septic tank. Your waste nourishes it, adding more length to its neck so it might finally reach your body one day.

It's actually daylight out, but it appears dark because of the large clumps of pitch black humanoid figures pressed against your windows.

You might be awoken any moment by the icy, gnarled, spidery hands of a withered, eyeless crone snaking her boneless limbs under your blankets and clothes.

There's a disembodied flying head drawn in a straight line towards you at all times. Right now it's probably bumping against another wall or some other obstacle, but you better keep in mind that wherever you go you may give it a clear path.

• Lul.
  • No rainbow star
    The bodies one doesn't work as I can still see outside
  • edited 2012-02-04 14:37:04

It works if you don't know for sure what time it is and you have shutters closed but can tell it's dark on the other side of them. Not all of them will be relevant to everybody!