If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Man Peeing on Miniature Turkey": New York state gerrymandering, 2010-2019 season

edited 2012-01-27 14:13:21 in Politics
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

http://www.politickerny.com/2012/01/27/the-20-ugliest-gerrymandered-districts-2/

Also available: "Octopus After Crashing Through Boat Propeller", and many others.

Comments

• No rainbow star
    ...Virtually none of those looked like anything but a bunch of white and a bunch of grey
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

The results of the Rorschach test say that you need a better imagination.

• No rainbow star
    I have a great imagination though D:

For example, some of the stubbly stuff on the ceiling in my room looks like a teddy bear being stretched out painfully on a stretchrack!
  • To be honest, GMH, you'd need a really vivid imagination to see some of these as fitting the descriptions. And isn't the real point whether they're in fact hideously gerrymandered, not what they look like?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I know, I know.

I still find the names very funny though.  Even though I have great trouble in actually seeing what they're supposed to describe. :P

By the way, you can do your own gerrymandering.

http://gardow.com/davebradlee/redistricting/launchapp.html

Props to anyone who can draw pictures things using them.  Mad props to people who produce maps with realistic population distributions--remember that the size of a federal House district is about 710,000 people (except in single-district states).

You'll want to put things like eyes or high-detail objects in population centers.  Some states have population centers in the middle of them, such as Texas (with Dallas, Ft. Worth, and Austin); others just don't cooperate at all (such as how Florida has a huge population density on its southeastern edge).