If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This survey

edited 2012-01-26 11:50:26 in General
Glaives are better.

http://futureoftech.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/25/10235960-steve-jobs-second-greatest-innovator-of-
all-time?chromedomain=cosmiclog

So mad I can't even hyperlink it.

Okay, so a dead asshole whose sole innovation is the GUI gets voted SECOND in a poll of "greatest innovators of all time," just below another dead asshole who stole his work. And Mark Zuckerberg, who did NOTHING but create a successful social networking site - which had been done before, and well, by MySpace and Friendster or whatever you call it - comes below Marie Curie.

Where the fuck is Tesla? Where the fuck is Archimedes, or Pythagoras, or Sir Isaac Newton? Where are the hundreds of people who pioneered the fields of medicine, engineering, mathematics and astronomy?

FUCK.

Comments

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

>Thomas Edison

>innovator

• "While he did great and wonderful things, most of his work was in the 1880s."

So apparently the 1880s shouldn't be considered as part of "all time?" 

• You can change. You can.

>MSNBC

found your problem right there, buddy.

• edited 2012-01-26 12:03:13
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

The even sadder part is, as little as he did, Jobs has (slightly) more right to be on the list than the one person who outdid him -_-

This is why polls are dumb.

• Glaives are better.

I read the comments on their article about the Australian PM being attacked by those protesters.

I have never before seen such stupid, braindead racists in my entire life. 

• Firstly, you have to bear in mind that this poll will have involved asking a statistically representative sample of 16-25 year olds about innovators. Some of them probably don't know what the word "innovator" means and most of them won't really know much about science and technology.

So this is basically a list of famous people that this age group heard about in school and that you can vaguely label as innovative. There are actually worse examples than Jobs. Amelia Earhart was a pilot. She didn't invent anything and was only innovative in the sense that she was a pioneer of women flying planes (and there were actually a number of others at the time). She was brave and adventurous, but she doesn't really belong here.

Temple Grandin has actually invented stuff - mostly to do with more humane ways of dealing with cattle before slaughter, and the infamous "hugbox", but it's crazy to say these were innovations of world-changing importance. The real point about her is that she's been successful in spite of her autism; she's a Helen Keller-type figure. As such, I would imagine a lot of people learn about her at school, like I learned about Helen Keller. Well, either that, or the aspies were trying to rig the poll.

• ʍɥɐʇ po ʎon ɔɐll ɐ ɾoʞǝ ʍıʇɥonʇ ɐ dnuɔɥlıuǝ

>I read the comments on their article

Stop right there, there is the problem

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

No love for Ugh Agh, the first wheelmaker? I'm dissapointed.

• You can change. You can.

To be fair, Ugh Agh is often forgotten because of his brother Grr Agh, who got all the bitches and thus got more memoirs written about him. Some even set him as the creator of the wheel. However, it's been proven false since then.

Sadly, most people don't know this. But his work...lives on. in our hearts.

• probably human

Poor, neglected Nikola Tesla. :[

You'd think he'd be more well known, considering that pretty much everything today uses AC. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

If Steve Jobs was such a wonderful innovator, he would never labor abuses happen under his watch but Apple says they've known about it for FOUR years so it did.

this doesn't even make sense

go away comment section

• probably human

comment section

There's your problem.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

There's your problem.

where else will I get my daily dose of stupid

• You hate stupidity, but you won't stop looking for it?

I...I don't get it.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I always end up looking at comments for stuff, even though it usually just irritates the fuck out of me and stuff.

:l

• Glaives are better.

If I can look at the comment sections, I can compare their readership to other publications. And just by going from what I read, MSNBC's is the worst. 

• Cygan wrote:
    where else will I get my daily dose of stupid
    It's not as if stupid is exactly in short supply on the internet, you know.

• I feel like the best thing to take away from that article is the little thumbnail picture of Jobs.  Something about the burglar turtleneck and the "I will eat your SOUL" scowl is just hilarious.

You hate stupidity, but you won't stop looking for it?

because i hate myself

It's not as if stupid is exactly in short supply on the internet, you know.

Comment sections encourage a... special breed of stupid

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Yahoo! News comment sections are where you want to go if you're feeling bad about yourself, because by God there's no fucking way you're worse than them.

• Whenever I read newspapers online, it amuses me that the broadsheets have just as much stupidity as the tabloids in their comment sections and the liberal papers are infested with right-wing commenters.

My conspiracy theory - all internet comment sections are written by the same group of people and represent a massive attempt to troll all other Internet users.