If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Your search - "yugoslav brutalism" - did not match any documents

edited 2012-01-22 10:39:29 in Meatspace
I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Ahem

Comments

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

They do look fancy!

• What is the title actually referring to? Google doesn't give "no results", and that's the engine that actually says "did not match any documents" when there are no results.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Me gusta. We have these everywhere - those are mostly monuments dedicated to WW2 victims.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

What is the title actually referring to? Google doesn't give "no results", and that's the engine that actually says "did not match any documents" when there are no results.

It didn't I swear

Me gusta. We have these everywhere - those are mostly monuments dedicated to WW2 victims.

I think it would be interesting to understand the symbolism behind many of those. For example, the second and third look like an angel reaching towards heaven and a massive fissure disrupting the ground, while the ninth and tenth are figures stretching their arms out to the sky to cradle the dead (I assume), but the pseudo-TIE fighter is just baffling.

• edited 2012-01-22 19:16:33
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

The tie fighter looks like a stylized bird with a harmed wing.

Check out this flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbfzz/. It has has a lot of pictures of brutalist and modernist architecture from all over Europe, many of which are from former Yugoslavia.