If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Chinese Propaganda Posters

edited 2012-01-19 20:00:29 in IJAM
Loser

I apologize if this is really old news or something, but I figured that some people might like this site. Some of the posters seem pretty surreal to me. The following are some "highlights" I guess. 

Note the baby waving at you from its rocket for some reason here.

Space baby

This is another one that features some kind of moon baby.

Population cell phone baby

I am not even sure what the point of this next poster is, but supposedly it is related to the Great Leap Forward.

Man rowing a peanut.

Yep, there is not much of a point to this thread I guess since this is not exactly contain earth-shattering revelations, but I think some of the weird imagery in these government propaganda posters is worth a look.

Comments

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Heh I love looking at the old propaganda posters.
    Some of the old Nazi ones were pretty strange too. 

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

That guy is riding a giant peanut boat.

Okay then.

• No rainbow star
    ^ That's just nuts
  • Maybe they were trying to encourage higher peanut production. Communist governments were usually trying to either encourage higher production or create a paranoid fear of enemies of some kind.