If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"Hey, what's that book about? Can I read it?"

2»

Comments

• No rainbow star
    ^ Maybe they put planning into making it up? 8D?
  • edited 2012-01-21 14:14:10
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I couldn't say for sure, TBH. It's more the impression that matters in terms of enjoying the story than whether it's actually true, and I never could shake the impression. Maybe I'll give it another shot sometime, though.

• edited 2012-01-21 14:18:14
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I dunno, I guess I don't really see how it matters all that much even if they were just making it up. By the end, the plot has been resolved well on a storytelling level as well as a thematic and emotional level, all the major questions have been answered, and it never really feels like it's just meandering, with a couple exceptions that don't last all that long anyway.

Also, it benefits immensely from being watched all at once as opposed to with a week between episodes.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Fair enough.

Like I said, I think I will give it another shot at some point. 

• Lost was the first TV show I ever properly watched and stuck with to the end, so it has a special place in my pantheon of favorites. Even if I often could barely tell what was going on in later seasons.

Anyway, back on topic, I would really not like if someone grabbed my book away and started flipping through and reading random pages. To me, that's a sure sign they have no genuine positive interest in it and are just screwing with you. Someone considerate wouldn't do that.

• edited 2012-01-22 09:53:41
    You can change. You can.

ther are some aspects that were shifted and changed in Lost core mythos, but that's more because they lost actors as they went along. Turns out that some people don't like being stuck in a tropical island away from their families, regardless of there being a degree of commodities.

And that some other people like driving drunk a lot.

So yeah, some stuff was made up as they went along, but I didn't really give a shit because the cast, characters and story was great, as well as the touches from different philosophies, the existentialism, etc

• Lost was a pretty cool show.

On-topic, don't know this feel. I guess people around me aren't this ignorant.

• Similar but:

*Playing PSP, with headphones*

Hey! Whatre you playing!? HEY, LISTEN!

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-01-22 19:12:36

The one time this happened to me was a girl hitting on me in the library in junior high.  When I showed her the cover (Star Wars, I think it was one of the X-Wing series), she made the most hilarious disgusted face and stomped off in a huff.

Hey, you go fishing in a library, you'd better be ready to pick up a nerd.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^That's pretty ridiculous.

• Has friends besides tanks now

^

Hey, you go fishing in a library, you'd better be ready to pick up a nerd.

• I've had this happen. It didn't bother me all that much.

But for some reason, when someone just stands over me, reading over my shoulder and not saying anything, I get kind of annoyed. I don't know why, since they're not even saying anything (maybe it's because they're not saying anything).